Chapter 4 Part 1: Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Can Truly Kill

"What a fucking weirdo."

"Wow, do they really think they'll amount to anything?"

"Why even try? You know that you're pathetic!"

"Just give up. No one wants you here. No one loves you. No one will ever care about you."

"It's so sad that you keep coming here. Give up! It's not worth it!"

"You know... it's so sad they have to deal with all this. Glad I'm not them."

"Why not just fight back?"

"Why are they so weird? I mean, it's like they're an alien!"

"You'll never amount to anything."

"You'd be better off dead."

"You're really stupid, how are you still alive?"

"You're really annoying."

"Would you just shut up!?"

"You look like a goblin!"

"Are you blind or something!? No one wants you here!"

"You should die."

"Die."

"Die."

"DIE."

"DIE!"

"DIE!!!"

"DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!"

"Hirano..?"

I paused, looking over to the door. It was hard to tell who it was for a moment, since I'd taken off my glasses to put an ice pack over my eye. After a few moments, I was able to discern the familiar face that was peaking in through the door. He had a concerned, bright smile on his face.

"H- hey dad... c- come i- in..." I said. My dad slowly opened the door, wandering inside. In his arms, was my baby brother. He walked over, and sat down next to me. He grabbed onto the ice pack, holding it to my eye. I jolted back suddenly, before slowly letting him place it, my body shaking ever so slightly.

"You... doing alright?" He asked. I managed to put a smile onto my face, which sent a shock of pain through my whole body.

"Y- yeah... I'm d- doing great." I replied, barely getting the words out. He stared at me, losing the smile on his face.

"Oh I'm so sorry honey..." he said, putting his forehead to mine, me ever so slightly flinching at his sudden movement. He pulled away, looking at me with sympathetic eyes. "Do you want me to pull you out until high school?" I stared at the ground for a moment.

"N- no... that won't h- help our l- living s- situation..." I replied. A small smile came across his face.

"How was a I blessed with such a perfect little girl..?" He asked, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I- I d- don't know..." I responded. No matter what he said, I wouldn't believe it. But I might as well act as if I'm grateful for the compliment.

"I'm so sorry for all this. Everything will be better when you make it to high school. I promise." He said. I looked to the ground disappointedly.

"S- sure... w- whatever you say..." I replied. He paused for a moment, before placing the baby down on the bed beside me.

"Hirano." He said, getting down on his knees in front of me. "You are so strong for powering through this horrible situation. With everything that's happened over the past few months, I know you have what it takes to overcome everything. Don't let anyone take advantage of you. I will never get mad if you try to defend yourself. Don't let others push you around. You are superior in every way to any bullies or villains you come across in the real world." I stared at him for a moment, before turning my head down.