Chapter 2 Part 6- Our Fears, Phobias, and Moments of Bliss

I looked at the time, just to see it was almost five o'clock. Quickly, I raced out of my room, heading down the stairs to the bottom floor. I began walking over to the game room, when I suddenly stopped. I stared up at the scene, a sense of unease in my mind. I could feel the sweat roll down my face, as my heart pumped.

This was where we had found Furuya. She died and was placed high up in the air... right here. I felt uneasy, as I stared at the placement where my friend had to perished. I took a long sigh, and put a hand to my heart.

"I'm sorry this happened to you. I'll try my best... to live on." I said. I didn't believe in anything spiritual. But... in that moment... I genuinely hoped that she had heard me. And... maybe I needed to hear that too.

I continued walking, making it to the game room door, being the one with all the other girls inside. I sighed, knocking on it, waiting for someone to open it. Suddenly, it flung to the side, Morita standing in the door.

"Hello Hirano! Come on in!" Morita chuckled mischievously.

"Hey, Hirano, are you gonna be okay? I don't want a hallucination to happen while this is going on. Just so no one gets hurt." Naito explained, a frown on her face.

"I- I'll be fine. And I- I'm not the only one h- hallucinating, so I should be fine." I replied. She nodded, walking over to the middle of the room as I followed behind her.

I immediately felt the tension, as Miyazaki, Imamura and Tengan sat in the oddly silent room, no words between them. I stood, confused, approaching Miyazaki.

"H- hey, didn't you and Imamura m- make up?" I asked. Miyazaki rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, we did. But that's not going to fix all of the tension immediately. It's gonna take me awhile for me to really care about these two." Miyazaki said. Imamura scoffed, looking away, while Tengan remained silent, her eyes closed and her fingers intertwined.

"I- I guess... that makes sense..." I replied. I looked over to Morita and Naito, who were cheerfully chatting with each other. I sat down on the floor, staring at the ground. I didn't know what to do. Why had I been excited for this? There so much tension in the room that I was feeling uncomfortable.

"Alright! Project make the bitches like each other has officially commenced!" Morita yelled out, making a pose as she did. Imamura almost replied angrily, but shut herself down before she could say anything. But she was clearly irritated.

"Alright! How about we play never have I ever?" Naito suggested, sitting down on the floor.

"Never have I ever nearly killed thousands of people by starving them to death..." Imamura mumbled under her breath.

"Excuse me?" Tengan said, glaring at Imamura.

"Huh? I didn't say anything! What are you looking at me for..." Imamura said nonchalantly, making it obvious that she did say something. Tengan turned away from her.

"At least I didn't put hundreds of people out of business..." Tengan replied quietly.

"UH, yeah you did!" Imamura responded. "Didn't you fire all of your employees a year ago!?"

"Yes, but I said out of business, not out of a job." She said.

"YOU STILL DID THAT!!! All those small businesses falling to YOUR EMPIRE!!!" She screamed.

"Um, guys-" Naito began.

"Well then maybe they should've been smart enough not to do that." Tengan replied.

"WHY YOU!!!" Imamura yelled, holding herself back just enough not to punch Tengan.

"Both of you are horrible people..." Miyazaki mumbled. Imamura shot a glare at her, nearly shaking with anger. I could feel myself slowly backing up to the wall, trying to get as far away from the tension as possible.