𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

TW: cringe

There we are in this very uncomfortable situation. I'm sitting between two boys, who look at each other like they are about to hit the other. My parents are behind us watching and they breath slowly. Oriana looks to both me and Paulo, who was ready to jump in, if something happens.

I don't know what to do, or say. What are you suppose to say in this situation? 'Please, don't kill each other'? I don't wanna sound like I'm the centre of the world, but at the same time I know both of them are here for me.

You picked a great time to come here, Kai, I thought to myself. Even sarcasm couldn't help me feel better in this moment. Nicola comes closer, but his movements are slow. Kai is also sitting there expecting something. Their eyes didn't move away for a moment, their bodies didn't even flinch. I feel the tension growing.

"What are you doing here, boy?", my father of all people decided to be the first to speak and ask the obvious question, "you are no longer part of this family, what do you want?".

"I came here to talk to Daniela", Kai said and then his eyes move down to me, "but I guess she already found another man to be her little dog and follow her around".

"Don't speak like that to her!", Nicola pushed Kai back and the other boy almost fell on the ground, "you are the one, who messed up and it's time for you to leave her alone! So, beat it".

"Don't stick your nose into mine and my girlfriend's business, little boy", Kai pushed Nico back and Nicola made a step back, "you are the one, who should leave her alone. I'm here now, so you are no longer needed".

Right before Nicola could swing at Kai, Paulo pulled me away from the scene and pushed me towards Oriana, who wrapped her hands around me. Nicola jumped Kai so fast and ended up hitting him in the nose. Kai didn't wait for a second hit, because he also swung at Nicola and hit him in the jaw.

My mother was left with her mouth wide open as the two boys broke into a fight. My father and Paulo immediately separated the two boys and all I could see was the blood coming out of both of their faces. I felt so sick, when I saw how beat up Nicola was.

My father pushed Kai away and started screaming at him to piss off and never show his face here. I immediately ran to the kitchen and put some ice in a towel to give to Nicola. I was so scared that something might happen to him. I didn't even realised that the whole time Kai was looking at me with anger in his eyes.

"You lied to me, you lied in my face!", he yells at me to get my attention, "you said you won't find someone else, you said I was the only one. And now look at you with this guy. How pathetic can you be, Daniela?".

"Shut the fuck up!", Paulo finally had enough and yelled back at Kai, "you are the one, who broke up with her! You are the one, who got out on a date with another girl on the next day and you even brought her to your game! You are the one, who fucked up this time...not my sister! And it's time for you to go".

I turn to look at my ex. His blue eyes were looking at me like he was begging me to say something and come to him. But all he did was to turn my head towards Nicola and hold the eyes next to his eye.

"Fine", Kai finally gave up, "whatever".

Kai got in his car and drove away. By some big irony it started raining after he left. I think God was trying to show me how sad this situation truly was. I helped Nico to get up and then I guide him to the couch to lay him down. The blood coming out of his mouth didn't stop and I began to grow concerns.

My mom came to check, if all the teeth were okay. It seems like nothing was broken, but he bit the inner part of his cheek pretty badly. I press the ice next to his cheek and my eyes were all over his face to make sure he's not badly injured. And then Nicola raised his hand and placed it on my cheek.