𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

The sun is rising, the birds are singing, the people on the streets are getting louder and louder as the new day begins. The cars are honking at each other, a long line of traffic down the street from my apartment. The noise was too much for me to handle at 9am.

My alarm goes off. The song I choose for my morning alarm is 'It's my life' by Bon Jovi and I don't think I like my choice anymore. I slide my hand under my white covers and then my hand slowly moves to the night stand next to my bed. I took the phone and threw it on the ground to make it stop. It didn't work out.

In fact the noise that my phone made, when it hit the floor was even more annoying than Bon Jovi singing: 'and it's now or never'. I kick my blankets to the side and a loud groan escaped my mouth. I slowly sat up in my bed and I look around to make sure no one robbed me during the night.

Yes, I can't explain why I always make sure no one was in my home right after I wake up, but I guess I have my rights to be concerned. I have a worldwide famous brother after all and my name is also well known here and there. And with the way I sleep like my soul left my body and went on a lucid trip, I won't be surprised if somebody robs me and I won't know.

I crawled out of my bed and I finally put my warm foot on the cold floor. It makes me regret my decision immediately after shivers ran down my whole body. Man, why is so cold in this room? I thought to myself and I wrapped my blanket around me to keep me warm.

After 30 minutes of debating with myself, if I should show myself to the world today, I finally decided to just fuck it and get down to grab a breakfast. I was sure Paulo already left for training, so I would probably be on my own.

I get down and my first job in the morning is to make myself a coffee, but I make it hardcore by not adding any sugar or milk to it. It helps me stay awake till noon at least. Then I open my fridge and I look all over to see, if my brother left something for me last night.

"Can't believe it", I said to myself, "this pig ate everything. What a dirty bastard".

I slammed the door and I turn my back at the fridge and to the idea of me having a healthy breakfast and a nice cup of coffee. Well, at least I get the coffee, right? I tried to make myself feel better, but it didn't really helped.

I sat on the couch in the living room and I put the tv on. MTV on full blast as my favourite song by Rihanna 'SOS' starts playing. I left my cup on the small table next to the couch and I put the volume all the way up, then I jump on my couch and I started singing.

"This time please someone come and rescue me, cause you on my mind, it's got me losing it!", I sang with all my heart and I hold the remote as a microphone, "I'm lost, you got me looking for the rest of me. Love is testing me, but still I'm losing it".

I didn't even noticed my best friend Pedri, or how I call him Pugsley Addams, because of the dark circles under his eyes that make him look so much like little Pugsley from the Netflix series 'Wednesday'....anyway, I didn't even noticed him walking in my apartment.

I continued to give the best performance of my life until the song was finished. I fell on my knees after the final lyrics and I raised my hands in the air. I smiled and breathed heavily, but it was worth it, cause it was fun. Pedri started clapping and then I noticed him there.

"Ah, Jesus!", I jumped on my feet and I put my hand on my chest, "you scared me, Pugsley, when did you get here?".

"A minute ago", he told me completely calm and pointed at the breakfast sandwich laying on the table next to my coffee, "I got you breakfast".

"My hero!", I gave him a wink and sat back down on my couch, "hold on, aren't you training today? Why are you here?".

"Coach said we have a day off today. So I thought you might be free and I came to see, if you're down to hang", he walks up to the couch and sat next to me, but the moment he sat down he made a disgusted face, "geez, Danny, did you wash your teeth and face today? Did you take a shower? You stink, dude".

"I just woke up and I was not planning on having any company", I rolled my eyes and took my coffee in my hands, "I gotta go and see Kai later, but there's plenty of time, so I guess we can hang".

"This doesn't answer my question tho".

Man, what was his deal? I didn't look that bad, not bad at all actually. I was dressed in a very oversized t-shirt that I stole from my boyfriend and my black shorts that I go to the gym with. My hair was a little messy and my breath my stink a little bit, but that's normal. It's the hard reality, we don't wake up in a beautiful shape everyday.

"Hold on", Pedri gave me a look full with suspicion and raised one eyebrow, "did you say Kai? I thought you two are fighting".

"We were, but we made up last night", I gave him a honest explanation, "he called me to apologise and I accepted it".

"What were you two fighting over this time?".

"I don't remember actually", I thought about it for a moment, but I really couldn't remember what we were fighting over, "he was just annoying I guess".

"Man, I swear y'all been doing this way too much lately. You two fight every two to three business days", Pedri said and rolled his eyes.

He was right. Me and Kai have been dating for some time now, around three years or maybe a little bit more, I'm not sure. And after so many years you think that you know the person you are with so well that nothing can surprise you at this point. But boy you're so wrong.

I don't know why, but everything he does, says or thinks annoys me lately. The way he started to treat me like I'm just someone in his life and not his girlfriend, the less and less time we spend together, the more excuses he makes not to come here and spend a weekend with me. All of this annoys me so much, it bothers me.

And every time, when I try to explain to him why I'm upset, why I don't like his behaviour or why am I cold, it always leads to arguments, because in Kai's eyes...he's never wrong, he is never the one to cause problems. It's always me and I feel so bad about it.

"I don't know what is it, Pugsley", I placed my head on Pedri's shoulder and I let out a deep sigh, while he gently plays with my hair, "I don't wanna fight, but I don't want to close my eyes and pretend everything is perfect, when if actually isn't. What should I do?".

"Maybe you two are just getting tired of each other", he began explaining, "as much I don't want to say it, you two grew up as a couple and spent most of your teen years being together in a relationship. I guess both of you desire something new, but you are too scared to let go of this relationship...both of you".

"I'm not getting tired of Kai. I would never get tired of him, I like him so much and I want to keep fighting for what we have".

"Hold up....", Pedri gave me a weird look, "you like Kai? You like him? You have been in a relationship with this man for years and you only 'like' him?".

"I don't get what you're trying to say", I spoke to him and my confusion was written all over my face. I really didn't get it.

"Well, usually when people spend three years of their lives with somebody, they say that they love the other person", Pedri explains to me very slowly like I was a complete idiot, "have you and Kai ever told this to each other?".

"He told me that he loved me before, but I never told him that I love him back".

"Why?".

"Because I think there's not much difference between 'love' and 'like' honesty. They are both feelings you express to your partner. There's like in love, right?".

"If 'love' is just a word to you, then why don't you just say it to him?".

"I don't know. I guess I was just waiting for the right moment, but it hasn't come out yet".

"Geez, you're pushing my buttons", Pedri gently massaged his forehead after he heard my complicated explanation and then stood up from the couch, "go and get dressed, we should go and hang before your date with Kai".

"Okay, cool", I stood up and was about to run up to my room, but Pedri grabbed my hand and made me look at him.

"And please, when you see Kai...tell him that you love him...please".

"I'll try", I nodded my head and he finally let go off my hand.