The Plan pt 1

It was Tedros who spoke to her. Sophie whispered, "I'll explain later."

"Oh. So you actually have a plan?"

"Yes, but like I said, later."

Sophie turned to the man. "So what do you actually need?" He simply thanked her again, then left for shelter. She glanced at the nobleman's house, and laughed. She didn't think that would survive the raid her friends were making.

It was quite a raid if they needed her armies for help.

She found more students riding stymphs and Merlin was making sure they were coordinated and doing the correct thing. Anadil's rats grew larger, and were chasing some of the ringleaders of the coronation.

Tedros was encouraging his own army with a speech.

Sophie went up to him. "My plan is to get control of Camelot by putting it in a state of obligation and submission to Calmaria. My reason is for you and Agatha, and Rafal's is to find more allies to get to Gavaldon."

"But what if Camelot resists and attacks you? Nobody seems to like me, or Agatha."

"Teddy, you forget I'm the Witch of Woods Beyond. You forget that Calmaria's ruler is a sorcerer who killed one with equal power. Besides, this kingdom is so rundown and weak my baby could conquer it. Admit it."

"Yeah. It became that way after Mother left."

Sophie smiled. "So you see, I'm only pretending to be their friendly queen. I could care less about any of them."

They heard more stymph screeches, and they both saw people with Otto's circlet on their heads, except they had armor and all but their eyes were covered. Sophie recognized the symbols of her kingdom. She knew this wasn't relevant, but she wondered how Rafal's army looked like compared to Rhian's.

Rafal was flying high in the air, and Tedros' army was a bit intimidated. These soldiers were trained in magic-- much more advanced magic than them. Rafal would probably kill them all without even touching them.

Some nobles were running out, and Armand and Otto were following calmly. Both had a smug look on their faces.

Some time before, Armand had told Otto his plan, but he didn't mention the One True King part or killing Rafal and Sophie when the Storian was vanquished and marrying Alpa to be king of Calmaria. Otto was one of Rafal's truly loyal subjects, ever since the Great War. Rafal had actually wanted Otto as his main advisor, but Armand was better suited for the job.

Either that, or it could be just relieve some guilt at Rhian's death, since he was quite fond of Lord Benoit when he was alive.

Sophie went inside, forced to by her guards. She saw no sign of the boy. Did they take him?

When she asked about it, they said that he was safely hidden away for security reasons.

"But what if my husband would like to see him?" She grinned. "I see. You can't trust him, can you?"

"We can't be too safe. But it's with everyone. Not just him." The man was nervous. Lord Armand silenced him with death threats and money.

"Keep the boy away from public sight when the King Rafal comes. I am not sure if he would recognize him, but he does bear a resemblance to Prince Japeth. And his brother might be with the father when he comes." Lord Benoit was tapping his fingers on a wooden table.

"And what if he sees Rhian by accident?"

Armand laughed cruelly. "I'll beat the hell out of you and spill out your guts." The man flinched. "Understood?"