Progress-- or Not.

"What did you need to talk to me about, Tedros?"

Tedros sighed. He was nervous. He hoped she would understand.

"I suppose I'm being stupid, but I wanted to ask you myself. Do you have feelings for anyone else?" Agatha's mouth opened in shock. "Tedros, what--"

"I am not accusing you. I'm just asking you. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't care about me because look at how useless I've been. You deserve to be a queen, Agatha. Not some cast-off exile."

Agatha put her hand on Tedros' shoulder. "I don't care about any other guy but you. What makes you think I'll leave you? Do you think I just married you for a crown?" Tedros said nothing in reply, looking down in shame. "If I did, I wouldn't still be here, would I?"

"I guess not. It's just that Sophie's king was saying something to me the other day, and I started doubting myself. I am useless, Agatha. You always have to save me from my mistakes."

Agatha colored in shame. "I actually should be working on that. I should let you fix your own problems, even when you make mistakes, because I know you can. I am sorry for interfering a lot, Tedros. I believe in you. I know we can get back the throne. I'm so sorry for contributing to your self-doubt."

"It's not always you. Someone else contributes to my doubts, too," he mumbled. "King Rafal just rubbed me off the wrong way. I was thinking that if you really did like him, I wouldn't blame you."

"Tedros," Agatha replied, trying not to laugh, "we don't actually know each other. Besides, I love you, and he loves Sophie. It's just stupid rumors from people who want to bring you down so you don't fight."

"You're right. Thank you, Agatha." Tedros got up and drew her to himself. She gave him a quick kiss on the lips and smiled. "Thank you for telling me. We have improved on our communication. So far from how we started."

"That's true." At this moment, Callis came running in, calling Agatha.

"Mama! Mama!" she screamed. She was pointing somewhere. Agatha didn't move for a little. "Busy, Callis."

She ran to Tedros, screaming again. "Maybe something is wrong. Maybe she hurt herself."

Tedros and Agatha ran out, and they found Japeth and Aric there, but no Hadrian. Agatha felt sick. Sophie always brought her son to her whenever she needed Agatha to watch him.

Some guards were outside and Dovey was in front of the couple, looking as tired and weak as ever. Tedros led her to a chair. "You don't need to stand. Is there anything wrong?"

"Everything is going wrong. We were going to celebrate Hadrian's birthday soon. You knew that."

We were going to Agatha reflected. That didn't sound good. "Last night, the nanny reported that he was burning with fever. I thought that maybe he had a cold, but today it got worse."

"That's horrible," Tedros breathed. "And Sophie? How is she?"

Dovey looked down. She said nothing. The Coven entered the room.

"Did you hear?" Hester said. "These children need to stay with you. They will get infected if they stay at the castle."

"That's why they're here," Agatha confirmed. "And Sophie?"

"Sophie will be fine since she is immortal and all that. Physically, at least. Emotionally? I can't say." Hester, as strong as she always made sure to be, was struggling to control her voice. "It isn't fair," she whispered.

"Of course it isn't," Dovey replied. "I brought Aric here because I promised Leonora to take care of him. Is it alright if I stay here for a while?"

"Not at all " Tedros replied. "We are near your school anyway, so it won't affect anything."