End of Part 1: The Lie

Author note: This takes place months after the last chapter, but I wanted to write from Agatha and Tedros', as well as Armand's perspective. I guess it's kinda a sneak peak. In part two I will pick up where I left off last time.

Armand Benoit had waited a long time for this moment.

All the murders, all the briberies, all the lies. Finding those letters between Sophie and Agatha. They paid off for something. Everything was perfect.

He knew Tedros was alive, but he couldn't do anything about the new king. The new king had Chaddick's blood. The child king pulled Excalibur. Who could defy his claim then?

Armand knew that if all the kingdoms burned their rings, One True King could happen. With no Storian, he could kill King Rafal and Queen Sophie of Calmaria. Take Japeth away and train him to be a killer, then die like the Snake he would become. The other child, Sophie's, would die too. He had no scruple killing a child, not if it meant getting his way.

And later, he could  be King of Calmaria, and even Camelot. Yes, Rhian would have to be dealt with too. Power cannot be shared.

Nobody knew. Nobody could say anything. His enemies were dead. Those who knew were dead. Leonora Lesso, and then Clarissa Dovey. All those guards. Those servants. Otto. All of them, gone. Those witches.. Could he trust them? He would keep the Mistral sisters around for a while because they supported him. Maybe even marry one of them to have a claim to the throne.

Then they would go too.

And just to be safe, Agatha, Tedros, and their precious little Callis would disappear.

He would be sure of it this time.

He would also be sure to get his revenge. 

Meanwhile, Tedros and Agatha were infuriated with what was going on. It appeared as if Sophie betrayed them. Calmaria seemed to be involved. Especially Queen Sophie. According to what was being said.

Agatha was being accused of being a murderous witch. She was the one who started the fire. She wanted Tedros dead so she could rule. She was alive, and the people of Camelot wanted her dead.

All for a lie.

Agatha had the hope it wasn't Sophie instigating this, but who knew? She tended to get jealous of her. Or her husband. What if he wanted Camelot too, now that Evil could win, and was winning, as much as Good now?

And who was this child, who people kept calling the Lion? The regent was suspicious. Everything seemed fake, all part of a plan.

Agatha would stand by Tedros, no matter the cost. She warned Tedros to be careful and not make hasty, stupid decisions. Anything he did or said could be used against him. Even if he meant no real harm and just let his anger get the best of him.

Merlin had disappeared, again, so they had to figure out what to do. Guinevere was afraid of Tedros going out there, but he promised her he would be all right. Or at least, he would try. Lancelot wanted to help but he was refused. His mother couldn't be left alone. Callis also had to stay behind, if this situation had to come to war.

The Coven, Hort, and some others from the School were allies, but they were Calmarian citizens, and it was suspected that Calmarian royalty was involved.

Tedros wouldn't let them take his and his daughter's throne, brainwash his people, or slander his wife. He couldn't sit back and leave it behind. Especially with a mere child, who would probably be lied to. Part of their plan.

Sophie.. could she be trusted? Agatha wanted to trust her, but Tedros couldn't be sure. Agatha made him promise, however, not to harm her or her family, without cause. The children at court especially couldn't be touched, because they had nothing to do with this. Not even Japeth, whom everyone seemed to fear even as a child.

If war was necessary it had to be done, but it would cause great devastation to the Woods, and the smaller kingdoms were already affected by the Great War.