*Chapter 9*

I sprinted full speed towards Jeff's house. I saw Ben out front smoking. I ran up to him. He saw me and gave me a hug.

"Where have you been babe?" He asked.

"No time for jokes. Get the others. She has Jeff." Ben looked at me and nodded.

I sat on the couch waiting for Ben to round every one up. I looked up and saw a white hand reach out in front of me. I shook it and saw who I assume to be Slendey.

"Hi, I'm uh.. Hope" I said shuddering my name I bit. His lack of face was catching me off guard.

"I know who you are." He chuckled. His voice was low and sinister. "I'm SlenderMan, but you can call me Slendy." I smile at him. I couldn't concentrate though. I hope Jeff's alright.

"Don't worry he'll find him." He said in a calm voice.

"How'd you know he was missing?" I asked

"I'm Slenderman. I know everything." He laughed

Jack came down and sat next to me. Then put his arm around me.

"Hey Hope. How are you feeing?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"It will be okay. Jeff's the toughest guy I know." He hugged me.

"I hope so." I sighed. Then Sally came and sat on Jacks lap.

"Where did you go? I was sad being the only girl in the house." She winked at me. "Where's Jeff?"

"That why we are all down here sweetheart." Jack answered for me.

"Jane has him." I said. she looked at me. I saw tears growing in her eyes. I grabbed her and hugged her. She looked up at me.

"Last time, he barley made it back." She said in a whisper. My heart sank. My emotions got the best of me. I brought my knees up to my chest and buried my head in them. I sat like that until I heard Ben finally came down.

"I'm sure you all know what's going on by now. So what I'm going to say is, lets go kick some ass." He smiled.

"What about Hope?" Sally asked.

"We need to protect her as best we can." Ben answered.

"So what's the plan? We can't protect her if we don't have a plan." Jack said.

"Okay. Umm.. We go in and fight her off and hope and Sally go and find Jeff."

"That's not bed." I look at Sally. "Are you okay with that?" I ask her. She smiles and nods.

"We'll leave first thing tomorrow." Slendy said.

"NO!" I say quickly. "She's going to kill him first chance she gets!" Everyone in the room stared at me.

"Okay then we will leave in 3 hours. Sally, give Hope a make over." He winks at her. She nods and grabs my hand and we walk into her room. She starts by turning my face whit with tons of a liquidly concealer, then out lines my cheek bones with an eye shadow. She then puts in pure black contacts in my eyes.

"We're missing something... OH!" She runs to the hallway and runs back in an instant. She pulls out long brown clip in extensions with red splatters all over them that looked like blood. She clipped them in my hair.

"Perfect!" She yells excitedly. I look in a mirror. I look so different. I loved it.

"Um.. Sally, I look amazing and all, but why am I all dressed up?" She giggled.

"We can't get into her neighborhood if we look human." I nod. "You should go get everyone's approval before we go." She said. I walk out of her room to Jack where he was playing video games.

"Very productive." I mess with him. He looks up.

"Sally did a good job. Couldn't even tell it was you." He said. I laughed.

"I don't look too bad. Do I?"

"You look horrible." He said dead serious. I looked at him. "I'm kidding. Take a chill pill Black Eyes." He said chuckling at his own joke.

"Okay well I gotta go talk to the other guys also. So see ya." I walked out of his room and went up to Ben who was watching TV. He saw me walk down the stairs.

"You'll get in for sure. You look like a real killer!" He said sarcastically.

"Haha. Do you really think it will work?" I asked

"Oh ya for sure."

"Thanks Ben!" I walked away. I walk back into Sally's room to see Slendy standing in there talking to her. He looks at me. Or at least I think he did. You never know.

"Good job Sally." He said. As he walked out of the room. He kinda scares me if I am being honest.

"Okay, there are a couple of things you have to know," Sally said, "First, act natural. Don't freak out. They will notice and kill you. Second, don't cry. Demons don't cry. And the most important thing, don't make eye contact. The will steal your soul. Stay close to Jack and myself. We can keep you safe. " I nodded a little scared.

"You'll be fine." She smiled.

"How old are you Sally?" I asked.

"I'm Eight.But I have been eight for a while." She chuckled

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I'm stuck as an eight year old until I die. So technically I'm older then eight. But not really." I was a little confused. But I understood her. Weird. I went into Jeff's room and sat there thinking about him. I don't think I could ever live without him.

I was ready.