18 - The record deal

Maya Pov

Normally I would be excited and happy to have an opportunity to make my career grow, cause that's what I wanted all along. But today I am meeting the producer and I am scared. I know he liked my music but it still its scary. I mean we are talking about the producer of Hailee Steinfeld like damn I think I sound good but not that good to be in a record deal with her producer.

"Maya, Maya, MAYA REYES" Lizzie says shaking me. Did I forget to mention that I asked Lizzie to come with me. Don't worry I left the twins with my mom since I won't be gone for long.

"What sorry" I say turning to look at her.

"Were here" she says pointing to the place.

"Oh okay" I quickly get out and walk over to her side of the car and open the door for her.

"My lady" is say reaching my hand out for her as she laughs and takes my hand.

"Why thank you, little Miss Reyes" she says she steps out of the car.

"Your welcome and secondly I am taller than you so no need for the little. But shall we head inside madame" I say holding my hand out for her to take.

"We shall and just because your taller doesn't mean anything" she says as she giggles and takes my hand.

I walk with her. As we walk inside it seems like a really chill place. Lizzie pulls me towards the front desk and a girl that looks probably around Dani age looks up at us as she greets us.

"Hello how may I help you?" she asks with a smile. I think I already like her she gives me golden retrievers vibes.

"Yes I have an appointment with Mr Jackson (A/n made the name up btw).

"Yup Ms Reyes? " She asks as I nod in confirmation.

"Okay he should come down in a bit if you'd like you can have a seat" she says pointing to chairs behind us.

I just nod again and walk over to the chairs and sit down.

"Okay don't worry you'll be fine" Lizzie says giving my hand a reassuring squeeze. As I was about to answer a guy walks up to us.

"Reyes right? I am Mr Jackson" He says sticking his hand out.

"Yes, nice to meet you Mr Jackson" I say as I shake his hand firmly

"Nice to meet you too, and call me Mali" he says as I nod while he turns to Lizzie and smiles at her.

"Hello Olsen" he says as he pulls her in a hug as she hugs him back.

"Hello Mali, how have you been" she asks as she pulls away from the hug.

"Good what about you" he asks as he smiles at Lizzie.

"I've been good. You know the same things everyday. How's Linda and the kids?" she asks making him smile at the mention of them

"There good. What about you anyone special in your life at the moment" he says with a smirk making Lizzie blush as she nods making me a little sad.

"Yeah but we're friends at the moment, they are someone special to me though" she says as I see her quickly glance at me than back at Mali.

"Okay well come follow me to my office so we can talk about your music" he says as he starts to walk away with me and Lizzie following behind him.

We walk into a room which I guess is he's office. But no it was an instrument room. He walks in as we follow him inside.

"Okay first I want to know what instrument you can play and if you can play your song you sent me on one of the instruments" he says as I nod