𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

( 𝗆𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅 𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 )

THOE DAZZLING EYES, they always put her in a trance. Always had some type of hold against her, especially when they're up close to her, when it's all she can see. When all she can see is him.

"You have lunch this block?" Gwen asks as she lowers her volume more, to the point where she can't even hear the music.

"No, I have chem" He replied simply. She shook her head at him.

"You can't skip chem Marcus, or class, go back" She told him and looked back at her notebook.

"Always caring about me huh?" Marcus asked woken a smug look.

Gwen looked over at him with a small smile. "Well that's what you do when you care about someone"

"You care about me?" He asked, his smugness going away.

"Of course I do" Gwen said and the two paused, soaking in what she admitted. The words that came out of her mouth and Marcus knew, he still had a chance to have her heart again. But it never did leave his tainted hands. "I'm sorry about the other night, I was stressed and I took it out on you and you don't deserve that"

"Hey, it's okay" Marcus forgave, but she felt like she didn't deserve it.

"No it isn't, I shouldn't have said what I said" Gwen said with a small shake of her head.

"You we're stressed Gwen, I can't blame you for that"

"It's just, therapy made me realize something and then I don't know, I spiraled down" Gwen explained and Marcus looked at her and all he could see was her.

"I get that" Marcus said and Gwen gave him a soft smile, it made Marcus's heart melt every time he saw that smile. Even if it was never directed to him. "What are you writing?"

"I'm dabbling in poetry" Gwen replied.

"Oh shit, you gonna become the next Shakespeare?" He asked and Gwen looked shook her head while looking at her notebook.

"Shakespeare was one of the greats, I'm me" Gwen said as she looked back at him.

"And you're great" Marcus flirted, but Gwen hit her shoulder with his. "Can I hear one?"

"A poem?" She asked and he nodded.

"Yeah"

"Ew, no, I can't write poetry" Gwen said in disgust.

"Please" He begged and made a begging face. Gwen scrunched up her face in disgust, but gave in.

"Fine, give me a word" Gwen said as she looked ahead.

"Birthday" He said and she looked at with him a raised eyebrow.

"Birthday?" Gwen asked.

"Yeah, mines coming up" He pointed out and Gwen looked ahead again.

"Birthday, uh, brithday, okay" Gwen cleared her throat. "Birthdays make me sick, I blow out the candles so quick, I miss the wish I was supposed to make"