𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

( 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗅𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗅𝗒 )

Trigger Warning: drunk moms, arguments, self harm.

GWEN WAS ZONING out during the essays being told, it wasn't until she heard her name being called. "Gwen" The student next to her whispered and she looked over at Mr. Gitten. "Your essay"

Oh shit. Her essay. "Uh, I'm sorry Mr. Gitten, I don't have it"

"I have to say, I'm disappointed Guinevere, I'll talk to your mother after school"

"I'm sorry"

At the end of class the winner was Hunter, no one was surprised, everyone knew he would win. He followed the rules. Gwen didn't even care, she usually would, not wanting him to get her spot in their graduating class, but she didn't have the energy to care right now.

She was tired, too busy staying up last night trying to do this essay, thinking about Marcus, thoughts of her dad coming back. She felt too much.

When she got home that day, the house was empty. She went upstairs to her room sit down on her bed. She couldn't put her finger on it, but she couldn't concentrate, she couldn't think, do anything.

She felt not real again. Like everything wasn't there, like a dream. She didn't know how long she sat there, but she heard her mothers scream her name.

Gwen walked down the stairs, still not feeling totally there. It felt like she was floating, like she was looking at her self from above.

"Mr. Gitten called me today, told me you didn't do your essay" Anne said as she opened a bottle of wine. Her escape from the world. Beer.

Outside this hose, you'd never see Anne drink beer, no, no, no. Anne Martinez only drank red wine, most expensive, most suitable for her. Behind closed doors, the house was filled to the brim with beer bottles.

"I tried to do it" Gwen muttered as she stood at the stairs. Watching her mother pace as she drank from the bottle.

"It's not a matter of you tried it's that you have to do it Guinevere!" Anne yelled which caused Gwen to jump. She hated when her mom yelled. She hated it. That's how she knew it was getting bad for her. Especially when she drank from the bottle.

Alcoholism. Something that plagued the world. And plagued her family. A beer mom and a vodka dad. Ingredients that made a disaster.

"Im sorry okay!" Gwen said through her teeth.

Anne was in rage, she didn't think about anything anymore. "Gwen this is your future!" Anne yelled once more. "Going to Yale and getting out of here, and you're throwing it away"

"It was one essay!" Gwen defended, and Anne gave her a glare.

"One essay that could have changed your life!" Anne yelled. Gwen shook her head as she felt her heart beat speed up a bit.

"Just because I didn't do one essay doesn't mean I threw away my life!" Gwen defended.

"Yes it does! You have to do everything you can!" Anne stressed as she took one more swig of her beer