𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

( 𝗂'𝗆 𝗍𝗋𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 )

MARCUS COULDN'T STOP looking at Gwen, he always kept an eye on her. Staring, watching, wondering. He always wondered, ever since he met her he wondered and wondered what she thought, how she felt, how she was.

Now. Marcus has never wondered more about Gwen Martinez. He messed up and he messed up bad. If he was Gwen, he would never forgive him. He can't forgive himself now, but it was his fault, his choices, his consequence. He lost Gwen.

And now it's Thanksgiving, and ever since she left his life he's fallen down the hole so much more. He could feel the monster creeping up on him. The one who haunted his closet, the one who was ever so defeated
by a shiny bottle of pills.

He was high, smoking weed like it was normal and drawing on his walls. He drew so much, mostly portraits of Gwen, every single detail Marcus could remember, not that he ever forgot. She was always in his eyesight.

In came Max as she smelled the weed. "Nana and Poppy are here" She announced and Marcus turned around with raised eyebrows as he took another hit. "Moms gonna freak if you're stoned at Thanksgiving" Max complained with her arms crossed.

Marcus threw his hands up. "I'm not coming to Thanksgiving"

Max scoffed. "Okay" Ellen heard the commotion after being asked so many times about Marcus.

She walked up the stairs and barged into the teens room. "Marcus, your grandparents are here"

"I don't feel good" Marcus said tiredly.

"He's a little tired, his eyes are a little red" Mac added on as she saw the weed starting to hit him.

"You know what's not feeling good?" Ellen said with a sarcastic smile. "My mother asking me one more time where you are, that's not feeling good"

"I'm not in a very thankful mood" Marcus brushed off.

Ellen groaned. "Oh, well, then by all means let's just cancel the holiday" Ellen said with fake enthusiasm as she put her arms up.

"We celebrate a holiday that praises our success at genocide" Marcus stated. "It's a whole celebration of colonization, that's not sadistic enough, then we package it up with the image of a happy, smiling Turkey, the emblem of the holiday is the animal we slaughter is a masse, that's dark"

Max fought back her smile as she remembered Gwen saying similar words to Marcus. Max missed her, and it was his fault.

"You don't have to have turkey" Ellen pointed out as if it was obvious.

"It's not about the turkey!" Marcus exclaimed as he turned back around.

"Tell that to the turkey" Max said sarcastically and Ellen turned to look at her daughter.

"Do you not wanna go either?" Ellen asked in distress. By some grace of god, she was still alive, she would have thought these kids would bring her to an early death.

"No, I want a whoopie pie" Max said innocently.

Ellen looked at her sons back and began contemplating her life choices of being a mother to teenagers. "Ten minutes" She said. "Or I'm taking away your phone"