𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

( 𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗒 𝖻𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗁𝖽𝖺𝗒, 𝗃𝖾𝗋𝗄  )

IT WAS GINNY'S BIRTHDAY and Max was currently arguing with Marcus—who was holding hands with Gwen—Ginny hated it.

Ever since Gwen's episode, Marcus hasn't left her side, and she hasn't asked him to leave, so he staying. Gwen constantly needs to feel his touch now, if became comforting, felt pleasant.

Of course she didn't want to become dependent on him, but having someone constant like him was something she knew was good for her. And maybe she just liked having him around.

"I don't want the bro squad infiltrating our house" Marcus argued back as they went through the blue doors. "Puking in our bathroom, killing my fish"

"No, not Mr. Fishington, I love him too much" Gwen said with a smile, thinking the fish was still alive.

"See!" Marcus exclaimed as he squeezed Gwen's hand.

"Brodie didn't kill your fish, he ate your fish" Max corrected.

"Mr. Fishington died?!" Gwen asked in shock and Max gave her a sad smile.

"Oh sweetie, yeah I'm sorry" Max told her and Gwen was sad, but recovered.

"Come on! It's for Ginny, for her birthday" Max pleaded. "Just do it for Ginny!"

"Yeah do it for Ginny!" Ginny pleaded with him.

Marcus looked at Gwen for her opinion and she nodded her head. "Just because Gwen said yes" Max looked over at Gwen with a smile.

"Gwen, I love you" She said and blew her a kiss.

"Love you too Maxie" Gwen said with a smile, Marcus tugged her hand and walked a big faster.

"Come on, let's go" He said and pulled her along. The two made it to the Sophomore wall and the two sat down on the floor. "How is everything?"

Marcus has been asking this once a day since her episode. Although she appreciated it, she found it a little over bearing. "Marcus, I'm fine, I swear"

"Gwen—"

"Marcus. I promise you, I'm okay" Gwen assured and he stared at her and she gave him a smile.

"You're lucky I lo-like you" Marcus caught himself. "Yeah, like you"

"Aw, so sweet" Gwen said. But just then, the two heard music playing and they saw Hunter appear through the sea of kids. "Oh my god, he's tap dancing" Gwen said in horror.

Sure, she liked Hunter, he's a good buddy. However, there are times—like this—he can be a little...Hunter. "T-tap dancing?" Marcus asked as they watch in disgust and horror at the boy.

"I told him to not do this" Gwen said with a shake of her head as she continued to watch. It was like something she couldn't look away from.

"You knew?!" Marcus asked with his eyes wide and mouth open.

"He told me about it" Gwen said with a nod of her head.