𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

( 𝗇𝖾𝗑𝗍 𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗅 𝗋𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗉𝖾𝗈𝗉𝗅𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗍 )

GWEN LIED, SHE WANTED to go to sophomore sleepover, of course she did. Ever since she heard about it she always wanted to go, however Anne being Anne, she didn't allow it.

"You have to study" this "You have to prioritize your school" that. Everything Anne could say to stop Gwen from wanting to go to sophomore sleepover. That and it was 100 dollars to spend a night at a school you already go to. Anne found it impractical.

"Mom please?" She asked the day of sophomore sleepover.

Anne shook her head. "No, you have to study"

"I've studied all my life, I have straight A's—"

"You have an A minus in Algebra" Anne pointed out as she grabbed the cereal box from the shelf.

"It's still an A" Gwen said bashfully.

"It's 100 dollars" Annie brought up.

"I can pay"

"With what money?" Anne asked through a chuckle.

"The money I get from tutoring" Gwen said and Anne looked at her and shook her head.

"That money goes to your college fund"

"I'll tutor some more hours" Gwen said desperately.

"Why do you even want to go?" Anne asked. Wanting to know why her daughter who hates people suddenly wants to go socialize with people her age. "You hate school, and socializing"

"It seems fun" Gwen mumbled. She just wanted to have fun and be a normal teenager, even if she didn't have many friends or any friends. Sure her and Max were kinda aquatinted, mostly because of her brother, but none the less she could talk to Max.

"And who are you going to hang out with?" Anne asked.

"I dunno"

"You're not going" Anne said in her tone of that's final.

"Please?" Gwen pleaded and Anne stared at her daughter. Of course Anne love her, she loves Gwen way too much, and maybe that's why she was hard on her, not wanting her child to end up like her. Alone, divorced with a teenager. She didn't want that for Gwen, she wanted Gwen to succeed without anyone, to not fall for the wrong boys.

Anne began contemplating. It was only an A minus.

"Fine. You can go" Anne said and Gwen lit up with a smile. Anne tried her hardest, but smiled at her child.

"Yes!" Gwen said happily.

"But! But, I want you to finish that missing assignment and turn it in" Anne said sternly, but still had a smile.

"Yes mom" Gwen said and then grabbed her bag and headed to the front door.

"Hey Gwen" Anne called for and Gwen looked over at her. Every day she looks more and more like her father, but having her mothers brain.