Chapter 30

Raini began to stir so I put her in her black and pink crib. She fell asleep in an instant.

I walked back into the living room to settle down. Maybe me and Ross should buy our own house. Ya know, move out.

My thoughts were interrupted by the opening and closing of a door. I jumped but turned around to see who it was. It was the boys, tears filling their eyes. Especially Ross.

Of course, I ran up to my boyfriend (remember we didn't get married) and hugged him. "What's wrong?" I asked, trying to get him to stop crying. "We need to talk." He said as he led me to the living room.

Did Ross got another girl pregnant? Did Stormie or Mark die? Did he have cancer? All these horrible thoughts raced through my head as Ross lead me to the couch.

I sat down next to Ross and Riker. Riker was crying, but he wasn't laughing like he usually was when he cried. "Amanda..." Ross began. "Yes?" I was getting so nervous. "You know how you said you'll love me no matter what?" He asked in between harsh breaths. I nodded. "Can you make me another promise?" By now, Stormie, Mark, and Rydel had all gathered in the room, crying. They obviously knew what was happening.

"Yes Ross." I said. "Can you promise me that you'll love me know matter where I am?" He asked. I was confused but nodded anyway. "I need to hear you say it." He said firmly. "I promise." I repeated. "Amanda, I got a call today. I've been asked to go to war. And I said yes."