Chapter 12

"Ellington was in a car crash." I stopped breathing. I felt tears roll down my eyes. I slowly stood up. "No." I stammered. Riker nodded. "Does anyone else know?" He nodded no. "Can I tell Ross?" I asked. "Yeah."

I ran up to Ross and hugged him. He noticed I was crying. "Amanda! What's wrong?" He was so worried. "Ellington was in a car crash." I gasped for air in between cries. Ross just stood there. He let go of me and collapsed to the ground. It was like his knees just....gave out on him. I sat down next and wrapped my arms around his neck. "We better go." It was Rocky. Riker must have told him.

Riker drove while I sat in between Ross and Rocky. Rydel sat in the back next to Stormie and Mark. Ryland was in the passenger seat. The whole ride I laid my head on Ross's shoulder who had his arm wrapped around me. Everyone was crying the whole way down.

When we finally got to the hospital, Ross grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I squeezed his to tell him everything will be okay. I walked into the lobby holding Ross's hand. "Excuse me but what room is Ellington Lee Ratliff in?" Stormie tried her best to stay calm. "Room 107." The nurse pointed to the left hallway. Stormie nodded as we all raced down the hallway. A doctor stopped us at the door. "Only 2 at a time." He said. "I think Ross and Amanda should go." Riker winked at me. I smiled in return. Everyone agreed.

As I walked into the room, I saw my sweet, healthy Elly laying there, almost dead. Machines beeped and ventilators were hooked up to him. I hid my face in Ross's muscular chest. He hugged me and stared at Ellington. I cried even harder.

We stayed and stared at Ellington for about 10 minutes when the doctor, Rydel, and Rocky walked in. "Times up." The doctor rolled his eyes. Rude. Me and Ross walked out of the room and went to the waiting room. I cried, leaving mascara stains on Ross's white shirt. This was the worst day of my life. Even worse then the day Riker hit me. Worse than when I realized I was jealous of Emily. Worse than when I found out I liked Ross. Much worse.