Chapter 31: Under-Trial

"Traitor!" somebody shouted, and all of a sudden the smell of fire caught Jungkook's nose. It smelled of hate and was getting nearer, making him snatch a sword from one of the royal guard's waist and defend against the stranger's attack.

⚠️ Violent Content ⚠️

This man dared attack the King's seating area. Who was crazy enough to do such a thing? An imminent threat to the crown was to be eliminated immediately, and the Crown Prince was most aware of his responsibilities when he skewered the stranger on his blade, mercilessly pulling it out again and letting him bleed on the floor of the balcony as the screams of the queens and princesses pierced his ears.

In the split of a second, Hoseok was guarding the King and escorting him out of the premises, while two other attackers jumped up to the platform, stubbornly picking a fight they surely wouldn't win.

"You bear the crest of another kingdom on your chest!" one man accused.

"You take our army to its doom to weaken Goryeo!" the other added.

"How dare you" Jungkook seethed, blocking their strikes with ease when his battle spirit took over. "How dare you put the royal family in danger, and bring a blade to their faces" he berated, slashing their limbs left and right to make them immobile.

"Hellhound" the man spat as he laid on the floor before Jungkook's sword pierced his throat.

✅ End of Violent Content ✅

"Jungkook!" Jimin screeched when he reached the top of the stairs, his hands covering his mouth while his eyes were horrified at the sight in front of him. "Heavens there are children in the crowd" he whisper-shouted, taking it upon himself to bind the man that was still alive and snatching the sword away from the Prince's tight grip.

The Theras below finally raised a wall to block any more attacks and cover what was happening on the balcony, although a bit too late if you ask everyone. The audience was quickly dispersing and families were returning home in fear of being caught in the storm, led by the civil security guards who were trying to keep order and avoid collateral damage due to panic.

"This is bad. This is the worst case scenario" Jimin mumbled, his behavior contrasting with his usually levelled one, watching as the guards took the live attacker and carried the dead bodies off of the platform.

They sat in silence for a while, trying to wrap their minds around this ordeal and make sense out of it if they could, but the questions were too many to keep quiet.

"Did people actually manage to get this worked up from a single glimpse at something they're not even sure of?" Jimin wondered puzzled.

"This was premeditated" Jungkook shook his head, "Which is why I had no mercy on them" he said, earning a stern glance from his pharmacist. "But I did wrong to execute them in front of the people I admit" he huffed before wiping the splattered blood from his eye.

 "But I did wrong to execute them in front of the people I admit" he huffed before wiping the splattered blood from his eye