Chapter 10: Prejudicial Statements

"Therefore, I believe I can make both herbal ointments by the end of every three weeks, as I have done this time" Jimin explained to the young man sitting at the heavy looking desk. He waited for a reply but the Crown Prince seemed to have spaced out. "My Prince?" he asked, feeling annoyed at his inattentiveness. 

This has happened a few times already, since the day Jimin brought Mina, he only met General Jungkook briefly to answer specific questions he had or to discuss some decisions related to work. In all of those instances, the Prince seemed to be semi-present, most likely missing half the conversations, and Jimin has had enough.

"My Prince!" he called from where he stood, louder this time, breaking him out of his trance and seeing the usually hooded --condescending-- eyes stretch rounder in surprise for a second.

"Oh, sir Park I apologize, my mind wasn't with me for a moment" Jungkook apologized, looking disoriented. "What were you saying?" he asked again and Jimin contained his eye-roll as best as he could.

"I was informing you that the oitmen-"

"Do you know anything about body art?" the Prince interrupted. Jimin silently stared at him for a few seconds, mentally slapping him repeatedly, but choosing to break a smile instead.

"Whatever do you mean my Prince?" Jimin asked, his voice tense, obviously not enjoying his time.

"I'm sorry for interrupting you, it's just that I'm currently very curious about skin painting" Jungkook replied, tying to keep his question as ambiguous as possible. 

Jimin narrowed his eyes. Skin painting? Is he talking about tattoos? Why...

"If your highness is meaning to ask about tattoos, I do know a few things. However, I must remind you that a person of royal blood will not be allowed to wear tattoos on their skin. I am sure you are aware of the association they have with slavery in older times" Jimin explained, just in case he was thinking of getting any. 

If I get executed I would rather it be for killing the Prince, not for tattooing him. Jimin thought.

"I am aware indeed, I wanted to ask if you knew of anything that can be used to create specific markings on the skin" Jungkook replied, eyes focused on the shorter.

"Of course, there are a few plants" Jimin said, not giving away any information.

"Have a seat sir Park, this conversation might take sometime if you decide on being so tight-lipped about your craft" Jungkook said, making him smirk. He sat on the other side of the desk waiting for any other question to be asked, and took his time to observe his surroundings properly. 

They were currently in the Crown Prince's study, it was a large two-level room, make of wooden walls and tall windows. There were a few stairs leading to the second level, but it only took up half the surface of the ground floor, just a mezzanine for book shelves. 

Jimin liked this room, it wasn't like any other part of the palace, not even like the royal school where Jin taught. But then again, now that he thinks about it, the Crown Prince's quarters were all so different than the rest. 

"Could you tell me about plants that can be used for tattooing" Jungkook asked, breaking the silence that had settled a few seconds ago.

"There are a few plants that produce a tint on the skin when prepared correctly, Henna for example. It can be manipulated to draw specific shapes, and leaves those marks in warm to dark browns" Jimin started. 

"How about darker colors, say dark green or black" 

"There are two techniques, either using ulterior tools to make the Henna darker, or opt for ink. Most people choose the latter. The ink is permanent because it is punctured into the skin as opposed to the Henna which is lathered on top" Jimin elaborated.