Chapter 9: His Burning Heart

It was a new day at the Park pharmacy. Jimin was working from home, he needed to prepare Jungkook's medicine, the one he was wishing to keep secret. It's been two days since he was in the palace, between the order of the herbal ointments for the troops, the royal family's custom gifts and this medicine, he didn't have much time to rest anymore. It was bound to get busy, Jimin was aware, but he didn't think it would become so hectic he couldn't even spend time with his sister.

"Jimin, lunch is ready" Mina said from outside his shed. He put down the tea bag and sighed. Jungkook's prescription required a doze everyday morning, so he needed to make at least a month-worth or dozes to give the Prince as soon as possible. He also wants his plan to start as soon as possible so that was another reason for him to speed up. 

"Brother! Do not make me wait any more time, I am starving." His sister said again, this time with more urgency.

"I'll be right there Mina, give me a moment to wash my hands" he told her, walking to the small table after a few minutes. 

The facts are that Jimin was the better cook in the house, and when he had this much work, he didn't get to eat very tasty food. He smiled tightly when his sister asked about the meal "It's good" he lied. 

"I'm getting better aren't I" she exclaimed proudly and started talking about the new recipe she came up with. No wonder the taste is odd, this is one of her experiments, Jimin thought.

"Thank you, little sister. I have to get back to it though" he said and got up after finishing his portion. 

Inside his shed, all he thought about was the plan. Was Jungkook going to suspect anything? Was he going to fall for it? Will he continue drinking the tea? For how long? All those were critical questions he needed the answers for. 

The truth was, Jimin was lucky. He was lucky enough the Prince wasn't well and had whatever it was with the itchiness. Being a pharmacist with considerable knowledge about his craft, he needed his revenge to use that expertise, it would maximize the success. 

In short, the best solution was to poison Jungkook, yet he didn't know how to do it without raising doubts. Don't get him wrong, he did think this through many times and found ways to shake the suspicion from himself, but the issue still remained. He would be an easy target for everyone.

The unconditional conviction was that he was ready to give his life in exchange for his revenge, but the plan was to get out of it alive. Jimin was smart, choosing a detectable poison was not an option. After months of readings and research, he studied his plants enough to find something that would achieve his goals without leaving a trail. 

Dracni.

The Dracna is a red flower that grows everywhere on this side of the country, and it was cheap too. It is widely used by the people of people who do not use sugar or cannot afford it, the petals add a certain sweetness to food. 

One of the purposes of Dracni in pharmacy was the relaxation of muscles, and thinking of that, Jimin will have to go into the mountains and pick them to make the new medicine he promised the Prince for his troops.