Chapter 19: I Will Believe

Jungkook had just woken up, he was laying in bed watching the blue-skied morning from his window. The birds chirped and nothing seemed wrong for once. He could tell this was going to be a good day as he opened the glass for a breath of fresh air.

He stood up and tied his robe around his waist before opening the door to his private bathing room. Stepping into the water, he sighed at the comforting feeling and took his sweet time to look around him and count his blessings. 

Did the florist add this new flower here? He thought as he pushed himself closer the the plants. He never saw it before, he would know because all the ones in his bath were red and orange. Bright white petals wouldn't go unnoticed. "Very good choice, I am not complaining" he smiled and brought one to his nose and smelled it. 

It smells like... Jimin. He took a deep breath of it and knit his eyebrows, very strange, he thought. 

Speaking of, today marked the last of his special teabags. He wondered if Jimin will stop by to give him more later. He made it seem so easy to let the Liquis go, giving him all the space he needed, while in reality it hurt him so much to give up on the one person he believed is right for him. 

He recalls Jimin blue eyes, his dazzling smile, and all he could do is wish for a time where they would find each other again. He has indeed fallen deep in love with his pharmacist and nothing he does will save him from this pain.

He dried his body before wearing a nice Hanfu, nice enough to impress sir Park if he sees him today. Maybe he should let his hair down this time? No it might raise suspicion regarding Jungil... Half up half down it is, he decided. 

He slowly ran his fingers on his chest, along the black lines forming the unknown symbol. He still doesn't know what it was about, but that could wait. He refused to focus on something other than himself and his feelings. 

"My Prince, good morning. Your breakfast is ready" a court lady said from outside and he quickly fixed his demeanor before walking to the door. He grabbed the tray from the woman and thanked her, then sat down and settled it on the short table.

He opened the wooden box and picked up the last tea bag, plunging it inside the hot water in the tea pot. While it infused, Jungkook took the chance to think about his schedule for the day. He had one official meeting with the King, then nothing else planned. Finally, a well-deserved weekend.

He picked up the pot from the handle and carefully poured himself the tan colored tea, interrupted by a little bird that came flying right through his window.

"What are you doing here" he softly asked and watched as it switched places a few time. It finally landed near him when he had the idea of tearing a bit of bread into small pieces and wetting it with his tea. He pushed the plate towards the bird, slowly enough so that it wasn't scared.

"That's it, eat up" he muttered when the bird finally nipped at the food with its beak. 

Not even a few seconds later, the bird raised its neck rigid, it's almost as if- Is it spasming? Jungkook asked himself in horror. Soon, it fell right there on the corner of his table, unmoving. 

He quickly stood up in surprise, looking at the creature and experimentally nudging it with his finger. There wasn't even a twitch, it was dead. He looked back at his tea pot, then at the bread, not understanding what could have gone wrong. Surely birds weren't allergic to anything... This was just wet bread anyway.

Unless it wasn't.

Jungkook tried to keep his distance from that tray, he paced around his room thinking of what to do now, who to tell, what to say. The meaning of this ordeal making him curse under his breath, really hoping he wasn't right.