Chapter 24: Mend The Broken

"Sure, if you want I can fetch you a sample from the shop" Jimin told the royal pharmacist as they discussed one of the new fragrances he was making. The man was interested to buy his wife a gift and thought it would be the perfect choice. 

"That would be so nice of your sir Park" the man thanked him with a smile.

"What matters is that it makes her happy" he replied with just as much fondness. "Well then, I will be off now to make what you need" Jimin announced, subconsciously smoothing his Hanfu in preparation.

"Oh no I wouldn't want to burden you, this can wait truly" the man quickly halted, he would hate to have the pharmacist go out of his way to please a casual request.

"It is fine by me sir Lee, I am not solicited at the moment and you never know when I will be again" he chuckled, taking his leave and heading straight towards the palace gates.

He didn't cross paths with the Crown Prince today, he wouldn't say it was strange because Jungkook seemed quite busy lately, just noticeable. He nodded towards the guards in a casual greeting and continued on his way until one of them grabbed him by the shoulder. 

Jimin stopped in his tracks, obliviously looking at the gentle hand then at the man who owned it. "May I help you?" he asked when the guard did not pronounce himself.

"My apologies sir Park, we've received orders from his highness the Crown Prince clearly stating that you do not leave the palace without his explicit permission" the man finally explained, drawing a confused look on Jimin's face who was hearing about this for the first time.

"There must be a mistake, I'm sure he meant someone else" Jimin chuckled awkwardly, looking for a hint of agreement in the other's eyes.

"I believe not sir Park, would you please step back inside?" he nicely asked.

"Sure... I don't understand, is it an internal security problem?" 

"No further details were provided, if you need to hear more I invite you to ask the Crown Prince himself" the guard curtly replied, going back to his position and ending the conversation right there. 

Jimin hesitantly took a step back, then a couple more until he found himself headed in the one direction he knew he would find the Prince. He didn't want to face Jungkook for any reason, but not being able to return home was valid enough to make him. 

"Come in"

The pharmacist turned the handle and pushed the door open, revealing his face to a man who didn't bother looking at all. He was writing something on his desk while one of Jimin's hand-made incense burned next to him. 

"Why can't I leave the palace?" he immediately asked, only then realizing he didn't even greet the royal family member. 

The Pyre halted his ink strokes for a few seconds upon hearing his pharmacist's voice, after all, it had been almost a month since they properly talked. However, he didn't make any move to acknowledge his presence as he carried on finishing the poem.