Seventeen: seeing Jenna

(Harry)

"Mom! Hurry!" I cried as I ran into the doors of the hospital. There were fans everywhere who were trying to get photos with me , but I ignored them all.

I made it to the front counter and my face was beat red from running. The woman asked me why I was in such a hurry.

"Jenna Fitzgerald. What room is she in?" I said in a panic.

The woman looked in the files and smiled. "Yes, Jenna. Sixth floor, room 612. She's very badly injured so I don't know if the doctor will let you see her,"

Badly injured. Oh no. "Thank you," I said and ran to the elevator. "Mom! Hurry up!"

"Harry, please. She's not going anywhere," she said as she got in.

"But she's still there. And I need to see her," I replied, frantically hitting the buttons and trying to get up to the sixth floor.

As the doors opened I bolted down the hallway, reading the signs that let me go her room.

The door was closed, but through a tinted window I could see her.

Her long hair was pulled back behind her head, there were many cuts on her and many bruises. Her eyes were both ringed with black and she appeared to be asleep.

"Jenna," I whispered and went to open the door until I was stopped.

"Excuse me, sir, what are you doing?" A man in a white lab coat asked. He had on a green shirt with a green tie and his shoes were black. His hair was slicked back and he looked quite young.

"That's my Jenna. T-that my girl. You have to let me see her," I said.

"Ah, yes. So she wasn't lying when she told me she's engaged to Mr. Harry Styles," he lightly smirked.

"No," I said. "Can I see her?"

"She's very ill, Mr. Styles. This is the part of the hospital for the rape victims, and she's been through more than just rape,"

Rape. My Jenna, poor poor Jenna. She must be hurting so much.

"What else happened?" I asked.

"Come," he took my arm and we went into the waiting room on that floor.

I sat down and stared at him. He looked off and slightly smiled. "This is not easy to say,"

"Please just say it," I half whispered, tears brimming my eyes.

"You did know that she was pregnant, didn't you?" He asked.

"Yes. Yes I know. We were going to give it to adoption agency," I said.

"Well, then man who killed her was a professional. He must have been a highly skilled doctor like me, because somehow he managed to undergo an abortion and sterilize her,"

I stared at him in shock and let a tear fall. Jenna lost the child and can never have another one, ever.

"What about the raping?" I asked.

"She has many wounds of it, and it's by far one of the worst cases we have ever had. She's very malnourished and she should be dead," he said.

"Oh, Jenna," was all I could say as I began to cry.

"It's okay, Mr. Styles. In a few days she will be better, I see rape victims all the time," he patted my shoulder.

"When can we see her?" My mom asked.

"Let's give her a few days to rest, okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "Thank you. I never caught your name,"

"Doctor Sheffield," he said. "Oh and we had to take off this," he handed me a small plastic see through bag. Inside was Jenna's engagement ring I got for her almost a year ago.

"She didn't want me to take of off, but I had to for the tests," he said.

"Thank you, doctor Sheffield," I smiled and clutched onto that bag for dear life.

He left me and my mom with nothing to say. I heard my name pierce through the air and I looked up, seeing Taylor run toward me.

"Taylor," I said and gave her a tight hug.

She pulled away. "If you were wondering, I'm the one who say her on the side of the road. Oh Harry, it was a horrible sight. You think she looks bad now? Nothing compares,"

I hushed her and hugged her again. "Thank you so much for saving my princess,"

She smiled. "It's fine Harry. I know I was just as worried as you were,"

-

Two days came and left and every day I spent in the hospital sitting in the waiting room until they would let me see Jenna.

From what Doctor Sheffield has told me, they have her sedated so there is no pain and she is healing rather smoothly. Jenna, always a fighter.

"Mr. Styles?" A nurse called me. I stood and walked over.

"Jenna is awake if you want to see her," she spoke.

"Yes I want to," I said and she took me back into Jenna's room.

She was covered in a blanket, sitting up and had an IV in her. Her hair was up in a bun and most of the bruises I saw before had slightly disappeared. She was looking somewhat healthy but her eyes told me other wise.

She looked at me as the nurse said who I was.

"Of course I know who he is, that's my Feancé," she said.

I couldn't help but smile and a tear rolled down my cheek but I whipped it away.

The nurse left us and I pulled up a chair beside her and held her frail hand.

"Baby, I'm so sorry," I whispered and kissed her cold skin.

"Harry, don't worry," she said.

"I do worry though, Jenna. I lost it when I found out you were gone," I couldn't stop looking into her bright blue eyes. I have never seen them this bright.

"I want to go on a vacation," she said.

"Where to, princess?"

She cringed at that name and began to cry. "Please don't call me that, please,"

"Okay, okay. Jenna." I said and kissed her hand. "Relax baby,"

Her tears never stopped coming after that and all I could do was stir there and wonder what kind of horrible, heartless person would do this to a beautiful girl like Jenna.