13

chapter thirteen

"east kingdom is allegedly going to visit the island after two weeks, we need to send the human off back to his world before they arrive. if they found the human there, it would completely create a huge mess. but if they find nothing, no punishment will be declared and east kingdom will accept their defeat."

jaehyun was just frowning while listening to the king's assistant that was discussing the issue. jaehyun's arms were crossed on his chest, attentively listening.

"three days after the party, the portal is ready to open." he finished off.

"he needs to go back to his world, son." the king spoke. "i know that your love for him is uncontrollably but this was not the time for the both of you."

"if there's no punishment to declare, it will still take a long time to see him, right?" jaehyun asked.

"yes," the king nodded.

the reason why jaehyun went here is because he needs to fix everything, and they will prove their real intention on the island. but of course, they will deny that there's a human there even though the east kingdom already had a hint about it.

even though it was the east kingdom's fault for trying hard to make a war between them and the south kingdom, of course, the south kingdom will turn the tables down because they also had a fault for keeping the human and interfering with the east kingdom's issue towards the human.

"can't i just bring him here, dad?" jaehyun asked as he finally had time to talk to his dad privately.

"you know that we can't, my son." the king said. "it will just create a huge problem because you guys really hide a human." he said softly.

"i'm sorry, i just can't see him... leaving." he gulped, looking away.

"the only thing i can do is to create a portal there and sent him home... i'm sorry, son." and he tapped his shoulder. "it's also nice to meet him, huh? i did not expect that the first time i stepped there, he's the first person i would encounter." he chuckled.

"tss, luckily he didn’t see the farmer that you imitate. imagine he would approach him and the farmer would be clueless." jaehyun said.

"whatever," and he rolled his eyes.

one of the king's abilities is to change his body, he can borrow someone's face, even their voice. that's why the king can easily fool someone. just like what he did when he went to the east island, no one recognizes him except jaehyun and others who are doing their mission.

that also became his chance to meet his son's guy. ruby even recognized him but luckily that dog didn’t talk.

"there's a right time for the both of you, son." and he tapped his shoulder.

***

taeyong just finished folding his clothes and putting them in the closet. the weather today is not good and it scares taeyong because there's thunder.

it's been four days since jaehyun has left, taeyong was just staying inside his room together with ten, trying to distract themselves by reading some books.

"can you sleep?" ten asked.

"y-yeah," taeyong nodded.

"it will stop soon," ten said and closed the lights.