09

chapter nine

"what is... happening?"

the two who are currently designing their cupcakes suddenly looked up when they heard their voices. the two even have a flour and icing stain on their faces.

"it's been a long time since you stopped baking," johnny said as they came closer to the two.

"can we have some?" jaemin asked.

"we're not finished yet," taeyong said, who is still focused on his cupcakes.

"you look dumb," yuta said. teasing the prince.

"oh, really?" jaehyun said, dipping his finger on the icing and wiped it on yuta's face.

"don't you dare," winwin said when yuta was about to do the same to him. he even showed his fire power, threatening him.

they were actually surprised to see the two baking, especially jaehyun. there's actually no new to see taeyong baking because that's what he does for a living. but jaehyun, the last time he baked was before his mother died.

that's why his friends were shocked to see jaehyun baking. how did taeyong convince him to bake? or maybe it was jaehyun who asked him to bake?

"it's done!" taeyong said happily.

"yey!" they said happily and got each cupcake.

"taste mine," jaehyun said. giving him a piece of cupcake.

"how can i be sure that this doesn't have any poison?" and he squinted his eyes.

"when johnny didn’t die," jaehyun said.

and the said person suddenly stopped eating jaehyun's cupcakes after hearing his name, but he didn’t mind it and continued eating together with yuta and jeno. they probably missed jaehyun's cupcakes.

"you said you're not good at baking!" taeyong whined.

"i am!" jaehyun whined back, holding his smile back.

"this was more delicious than mine!" taeyong said. "i will add this to my menu." he giggled.

"he can actually bake, jaehyun was just lying." ten said.

taeyong glared at jaehyun but the younger one just giggled at him. taeyong couldn't even take jaehyun's cuteness, that's why in the end, he smiled.

tomorrow morning, taeyong woke up too early. that's why he decided to go out to get some fresh air. the cold wind greeted him, the sun now rising, what a good view.

"ruby, why are you here?" taeyong asked when he saw the dog inside the kitchen.

taeyong looked around, expecting jaehyun to be there but he found nothing. the dog even looks like slept here, but didn’t she stay inside jaehyun's room? how did she come here?

"let's walk around, shall we?" he told the dog.

but as soon as he looked up after talking to the dog, his eyes went to jaehyun's room and there he saw them coming out together. both just woke up as their eyes were still sore.

taeyong suddenly felt something in his throat before walking away, making his way to the garden. that's why jaehyun didn’t let him play with ruby last night because selena was there?