36

"Thank you, guys." Puck said as the audience clapped when he finished his song. "I'm gonna take a quick break and then I have a few more songs for you."

Puck got up and walked over to Santana and Mercedes. "So... what do you think so far?"

"Oh my god!" Santana smiled happily. "I had no idea your songs were actually good."

"Don't you remember that love song I wrote for Lauren Zizes?" Puck asked.

Mercedes raised her eyebrow.

"Exactly my point." Santana stated.

Puck frowned.

"Anyway, I've been making my way through the room to try to see what people think." Santana explained. "And everyone loves you."

"This is really great, Puck." Mercedes added. "You're gonna get signed in no time."

"Thanks." Puck replied. "It's been pretty cool to sing live again, but to play my own original stuff and have people actually like it is even cooler."

"This is so cool." Santana agreed.

"Hey, have you seen Finn?" Puck wondered. "He texted me that he was here, so I should go say hi before I get back onstage."

"Yeah, he said he was gonna go get another round." Mercedes answered.

"Cool, 'cause I was just on my way to the bar." Puck said, excusing himself as he walked away. He walked around until he found Hailey. "Hey."

"Hey." Hailey smiled. "You're awesome out there. I had no idea you were so talented."

"Thanks." Puck responded. "And thanks for coming. Where's Finn?"

"Oh, he went outside to take a phone call." Hailey answered. "But don't worry, he promised he wouldn't miss a second of your set."

Puck nodded slowly.

"Hey, there he is right now." Hailey noted.

Puck turned to follow Hailey's gaze and froze when he saw Finn had Quinn with him.

"Hey, man." Finn said, nudging Puck. "Congrats, everybody's loving it."

"Thanks." Puck nodded as he looked at Quinn.

"Hey." Quinn smiled as she greeted Puck. "I'm so sorry I'm late. I had to turn in an assignment and then my flight got delayed, but I'm here now. Finn said it's going really well."

"Y-Yeah." Puck stuttered. "Yeah, I think so."

"I've been looking forward to this." Quinn added as she sat down at the bar.

"I didn't know you were coming." Puck noted. "You didn't say anything."

"I wanted to surprise you." Quinn said.

"Yeah, but you didn't say anything." Puck repeated. "It's been weeks."

"I've been so busy lately." Quinn noted. "I'm sorry."

Puck nodded.

"I didn't realize it was that big a deal." Quinn added. "But we can-"

"It's not." Puck interrupted. "I'm glad you're here. Can I buy you a drink?"

"Why don't we do a shot?" Quinn decided.

Puck nodded, and the pair did a shot of whiskey together. Puck ordered himself and Quinn drinks before taking his drink back to the stage and sitting down again.

"Alright." Puck said with a smile as he picked up his guitar. "We're back."

The audience clapped and cheered for Puck as some of them raised their glasses.

"I have a few more for you guys tonight." Puck informed everyone as he looked out into the audience. His smile faded when he saw some of the girls from the bar enter, including Roxi, who made her way over to Hailey, Finn, and Quinn.