28

Puck spent the rest of the night in his room. The next morning, he got up and showered before eating quickly and leaving to go work. He spent the entire day working, losing track of time until suddenly it was 8pm and his clients were asking when he had to get to his New Year's Eve party.

Puck turned his phone back on and headed home.

When he walked in, everyone went silent.

"Where is everyone?" Puck asked.

"Kurt, Blaine, and Rachel ran out to get wine coolers and seltzers." Sam answered. "Jake went with Artie, Kitty, Mike, and Tina to pick up ping pong balls for beer pong, and Santana and Brittany went to get cigarettes and cigars."

"Where's Finn?" Puck wondered.

"He took Quinn out to dinner." Mercedes said.

"I have to shower and get ready, but if you guys are hungry, I can cook for us first." Puck offered.

"Go shower." Mercedes ordered. "Pizzas will be here at nine, and everyone's gonna be back soon."

Puck nodded slowly before walking away. When he was done in the shower, he got dressed and took a deep breath as he headed downstairs.

The music was blasting and the party was in full swing.

"Hey." Puck said when he saw Finn. "Where's Quinn?"

"She's in my room." Finn answered. "She said she had a headache and wanted to lay down for a while."

"I'm gonna go talk to her." Puck replied.

"I don't know if that's a good idea." Finn noted. "She was pretty upset about your fight."

"Which is why I have to go talk to her." Puck pointed out. "To apologize."

Finn nodded slowly, and Puck went back upstairs. He knocked on Finn's door, and the door opened to Quinn standing there. "I thought you were Finn."

"Can we talk?" Puck requested.

"Are you gonna yell at me again?" Quinn wondered.

"I came up here to apologize." Puck clarified. "I didn't mean any of that stuff I said yesterday. I was just pissed, but I shouldn't have blamed you and I'm sorry."

"Thank you." Quinn said softly.

"Santana reminded me that you're the only person who really gets it." Puck added. "And it doesn't always feel like it, but I know we did right by Beth. You were just strong enough for the both of us."

Quinn nodded.

"I'm sorry, Q." Puck apologized.

"I forgive you." Quinn replied. "I know how hard it is."

"Yeah." Puck muttered.

Quinn wrapped her arms around Puck and hugged him.

When they parted, Puck looked at her. "Come join the party when you're ready. There's pizza and booze."

"I'll be right there."