8

"Hey." Quinn said when she opened the front door of the Fabray house. "Thanks for coming."

Puck nodded slowly.

"My mom's at the grocery store." Quinn told Puck. "Come in."

Puck stepped inside and watched Quinn as she closed the door and led the way into the living room.

"Can I get you anything?" Quinn offered. "Water? Beer?"

"I'm not staying long." Puck told Quinn.

Quinn nodded as she and Puck sat down on the couch.

"I'm sorry." Quinn blurted.

"Don't." Puck shook his head.

"I don't like how we left things." Quinn told Puck. "And I wanted to call you, but-"

"If you wanted to call me, you would've." Puck interrupted.

"It was easier to not talk to you." Quinn clarified. "And I know that's stupid, but after everything we've been through, I had to do what was easiest."

"I shouldn't have asked you to ditch Yale and come to L.A. with me." Puck stated. "I'm sorry."

"Thank you." Quinn looked at Puck.

"Well." Puck said, taking a breath. "Now that that's out of the way, how's school?"

"School's good." Quinn answered. "Busy though."

"Whenever you need a break, you know where to find me." Puck reminded Quinn.

"Yeah." Quinn nodded. "How's life on the west coast?"

"Hot." Puck answered.

Quinn looked at Puck.

"Are you seeing anyone?" Puck blurted.

"No." Quinn responded. "Are you?"

"What do you think?" Puck wondered.

"I think you're seeing everyone." Quinn said with a smile.

"You know me well." Puck smirked.

"Why'd you wanna know if I'm seeing anyone?" Quinn questioned Puck.

"We're both in Lima for a few days." Puck noted. "And it's not cheating if we're both single."

"My mom's gonna be home soon." Quinn warned Puck. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"I think I'm gonna go to Finn's." Puck shrugged.

"Why don't you come over tomorrow night?" Quinn suggested. "After my mom goes to bed."

"Really?" Puck asked.

Quinn nodded as she stood up. "I'll see you then."

"See you then."

"Bye, Noah."

"Bye, Q."

Puck checked his phone as he walked out to his motorcycle. He had a text from Rachel asking him to come over. With a shrug, Puck got on the motorcycle and revved it before leaving the Fabray house and heading to the Berry house.