26

At the end of the night, the brothers headed back to Puck's apartment. Puck led the way inside, where he found Mercedes, Sam, Mike, Tina, Blaine, Artie, and Kitty.

"Hey." Puck said, greeting Artie. "Hey, guys."

"Nice place, Puck." Mike added.

"Thanks." Puck responded. "I'm glad you could all make it for the party. Where's Finn?"

"He went out with Kurt." Blaine answered.

Puck nodded as his phone went off again. He looked at the screen and exhaled as he turned to Jake. "I'll be right back."

Puck put the phone to his ear and went up to his room. "Hello?"

"Hey, Puck." Shelby said. "We need to talk."

"Okay." Puck replied, waiting for Shelby to talk.

"Beth's upset that she rarely gets to talk to you, let alone see you." Shelby stated. "And if you're going to continue to be a part of her life, then something needs to change."

"I don't have any rights to her." Puck reminded Shelby. "Neither does Quinn, and the whole reason we don't have her is so we can live our own lives."

"You and Quinn did what was best for all three of you." Shelby told Puck. "You know that."

"Then you need to help her understand what our lives are like." Puck responded. "I'm working all the time, and on top of that, there's a time difference. And I know she's young, but it's your job as the person who's legally responsible for her to teach her."

"And it's your job to honor your commitments." Shelby said. "Not coming to see her for Christmas after you promised her isn't doing the right thing."

"Circumstances change." Puck stated. "Flights aren't cheap, especially around the holidays."

"If it was about money, I could've flown you out here." Shelby offered. "Just tell me next time."

"No." Puck replied. "I'm an adult and I don't take charity."

"All I'm asking is that going forward, you make more of an effort, okay?" Shelby requested.

"And all I'm asking if that you help my daughter understand what her parents' lives are like." Puck said. "Quinn and I will call her in a little bit or tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay." Shelby echoed. "Bye, Puck."

"Bye." Puck rolled his eyes as he hung up the phone and went downstairs.

"Everything okay, Puck?" Artie asked.

"Where the hell is Quinn?"