Chapter 20- Changes

A/N Took the test today! Have a baaaaad feeling I failed!! Well anyway, I get to update and here it is ten minutes before midnight. Sweet dreams, my precious!

A/N Numero Dos: Dedicated to WintersChild1530 because Emily was reading War Guilt which is a book of hers! You guys have got to read it!

Chapter 20

Emily P.O.V

'I have seen war... I hate war.' FDR said that and I really agree with it, but if war is needed I'll wade into one. If a fight needs fought, I'll fight it.

It's been three weeks.

Three weeks since I announced I have a month and a half left. I'm so fragile angel who cannot do anything for her well-being. I get up to stand.

'What are you doing?' Someone will ask.

'Water.' Or some other item I'll want to get.

'Let me get that for you.' It's like this every waking second of the day. Steven has distanced himself not just from me, but from Phoenix also. I see how she'll look at him as he looks at this file confused and his eyebrows knit.

I sit on the couch, looking over this random book I'm reading on my Starkpad. It's called something like War Guilt on this site call Wattpad. Well anyway, I stare at him as he flips pages and his face getting this agitated look to it. I glance over at Phoenix who I'm sure has saw the same thing. Soon I get annoyed in my mind and I decide to speak out. I toss the pad to the side on the couch.

"I'm done, Steven Grant Rogers my husband has known you for seventy years and I've know you for almost three. I know when you're annoyed, agitated and frustrated and right now you're annoying the heck out of me. I know when people distance themselves and you've done just that. Now will you explain to me why the heck you've been like that or will I have to walk over and throttle you till I get answers?" He looks up from his papers with a sigh.

"I've got to go. Director Fury needs me." He stands up and I push myself up from the couch.

"Then let me join you. I'd love to talk to Nicky." He looks over at me.

"I'm taking my motorcycle." I grin.

"Then I'll have Phoenix take me. You remember her right?" He glances over at Phoenix before looking me in the eyes.

"I'm talking about classified information." I sigh and look down at my nails.

"Oh, how I love to hack into classified information." I notice quickly walk from the room and then a cramp hits me

"Steve." I call and water leaks down my legs.

"Not going to fall for that Emily!" He calls and I look at Phoenix and she looks at me. I wince as another sharp pain hits me.