Chapter 9- Immortal or Domestic

Chapter 9

Emily P.O.V

"What do you want to cook?" I ask her and she chuckles.

"I heard my meat loaf was pretty bad." I chuckle and grin.

"So how about meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, fried squash and a tossed salad?" She thinks through the list.

"I've got everything and you probably know what they like." I nod my head.

"I'll pay you back, plus paying for letting us stay here." She laughs and waves it off.

"You don't need to, you're a friend and like a daughter to me. Have you seen that movie...?" She snaps his fingers trying to remember the name. "Big Hero Six." I grin and nod.

"I love the song!" I say and she laughs and nods in agreement.

"Alice, play immortals by fall out Boy." It rings from my suit and I begin singing along to the lyrics.

They say we are what we are,

But we don't have to be,

I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way,

I'll be the watcher (watcher) of the eternal flame,

I'll be the guard dog of all your favorite dreams,

We both clap to the beat and I heat up the oven to three fifty and continue dancing around.

(Ooh)

I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass (glass, glass)

(Ooh)

I try to picture me without you but I can't

I mix up ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs and seasonings into a bowl and then place it into a plan with aluminum foil and continue waiting for the oven to heat up.

'Cause we could be immortals, immortals

Just not for long, for long,

And live with me forever now,

You pull the blackout curtains down,

Just not for long, for long,

We could be immor- immortals,

Immor- immortals,

Immor- immortals,

Immor- immortals,

I bring a large pot to a boil and dump the potatoes that May just pealed. I grab a smaller pan and bring it to a boil, dumping in green beans. May chops up lettuce and vegetables to make the salad.

Sometimes the only pay off for having any faith,

Is when it's tested again and again everyday,

I'm still comparing your past to my future,

It might be your wound but they're my sutures,

(Ooh)

I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass (glass, glass)

(Ooh)

I try to picture me without you but I can't

I drain the potatoes as the song comes along for the second time around repeating itself. It would take longer than one song for potatoes to become soft.

I place the meat loaf into the now preheated oven and then pull out different items to create the special sauce of mine for meatloaf. Aunt May has always tried to get the recipe, but I always mess with her for fun.