The Bro Date

THIRD PERSON POV

Shortly after the school reunion, Ada moved to Seattle with her boyfriend. This opportunity only became possible when Ada's dad hired some help for the ranch and begged Ada to live her life. She wasn't so convinced about leaving her parents but after many conversations, she took the plunge. Maya was ecstatic with the news and couldn't wait to help Ada move in. With Ada staying in Maya's spare room, they fell back into how their friendship was once when they were younger but now it was slightly upgraded and updated. Maya and Carina had decided that they wouldn't sell the apartment until they deemed their house was ready, this gave plenty of time for Ada and Sam to look for their own house. The living situation was great, Carina and Sam bonded over cooking as Sam was a professional chef and Carina had multiple recipes they could try. One night, Carina got invited to a night out with her friends, causing Maya to want to do the same thing but in a slightly different way.

Carina POV

"I hope you enjoy your night babe. If you need anything like a ride, call me and I'll come pick you up and your friends." Maya says as I put my coat on to leave the apartment. "I will probably take you up on that offer. I love you" I say kissing her passionately before closing the door.

Maya POV

"She's gone. Let's go!" I shout to Ada. "Bro, I'm in the same room, you don't need to shout" Ada says in the same raised tone.

With that we hurried out to drive to the house, picking up Kai on the way. We decided that while Carina went out with friends or was at work, I we could start on the house. We've been doing this weekly and yeah I've banned Carina from going to the house which has caused her to be very angry. Her Italian temper is terrifying! We've painted every room except for the rooms for our future children but I have ordered some little baby costumes of a doctor with pink scrubs and a fire fighter costume to surprise Carina with, once the moment arrives.

Tonight, we're working on our bedroom. Thankfully, Carina and I share passwords meaning that I've found her 'secret' folders for each room on her Pinterest and I copied them all to my emails. I'm not too bothered on how the house looks, I just want it to be homely and to make Carina happy which both go hand in hand with each other.

Unlocking the door, we're met with the cold air and smell of paint. Heading into the garage, we found the stacks of packaged furniture that needs to go upstairs for our room. It will be a bit of a challenge to carry everything but then again in the mix you have a fire captain, an old horse rancher and well... a surgeon. So, two thirds of us have the arm strength to actually lift things, but hey we will still watch Kai miserably fail just for entertainment purposes.

The bed was the first thing carried up; the frame was fairly light compared to the mattress. The mattress was heavier than expected, it must have weighed heavier than our aid truck at the station! Carina wanted a dark stained Oak frame and a high headboard to match. It was quite easy to assemble once Kai started helping. Their brain works wonders compared to me, I'm pretty stupid and unless it's about fire or running; there's no point asking me. The mattress came in quite a small box which we stupidly opened and was almost thrown against the wall as it expanded. Next time, making some room might be the way forward.

After the bed, the bedside tables, chest of drawers, and a vanity table followed. With us surrounded by boxes and materials, we decided to play music. One of the first things we did after painting the walls, was add a surround system which basically means it sounds like we're at a concert when listening to music or in the movie when we watch it. It's pretty awesome. I connected to the system and straight away put on the "bro" playlist which has been curated by us three. The first song was simply one of the best "Kung Fu Fighting" by Cee Lo Green and Jack Black.

Carina POV

I've got to say, having a night out with my friends was a great idea. I haven't really drank any wine recently and I think I'm going through withdrawal. There were only four of us, Teddy, Amelia, Jo, and me. We decided to just go to Joe's bar, which is pretty much the staple of this community.

"So, Carina, how is the house going?" Teddy asked while we settled in our booth.

"Honestly I don't know. I haven't been to the house now for 3 weeks. Maya has banned me! I think she's up to something, so I'm just leaving her be" I answer.

"Maybe she is! You know she invited Kai to meet up with her today. They've become such bros; God knows what they're doing" Amelia states. They have become really close since the game night which has honestly been great. It's nice being able to go on double dates and her having friend outside of work is pretty great too. This night out was so needed

Maya POV

Tonight, has been such a success. I've been thinking of sometime soon just picking Carina up from work and taking her home... our home. Ada and Kai left a while ago and I've just been in my thoughts while looking around the house, making sure everything is just as Carina would want it. The last thing I needed to set up was my gym, I decided that while I waited for Carina to call me, I'd just get started. I've bought quite a few different types of equipment like a weight stand, a bench, a treadmill, rowing machine, and punching bag. All of this is fairly easy to build and set up properly and honestly this is the perfect thing for me to do while I'm bored and tired. I have tomorrow off so I don't mind staying up later, although it was reaching 2am and I was starting to get worried. Oh fuck, it, let's find Carina.

-

I walked in to find Carina dancing and gripping her wine glass. She didn't spot me, but Amelia did. "She's been dancing for about an hour now. I've never seen her drink so much wine, but she seems like she needed tonight and by the looks of it she doesn't want it to stop. Oh, also she's been saying that she needs to see you because she is so in love with you. I think she mentioned children and how you could make kids from your love... I think she's officially lost it" Amelia mutters to me while I keep my gaze on Carina. Even completely drunk, Carina has such control over her body. She looks hot.

I decide to make my way over and grab her from behind, causing her to turn around and smile. Yep she's my home. We danced for probably 5 more minutes holding eye contact and sharing loving kisses, before I decided that it was time to go home. Not to the apartment but home. I can't wait any longer.

"Come on babe, let's go home. I have a surprise for you" I say while pulling her with me over to her friends. I decided I'd drive both Teddy and Jo back to their homes as they're on our way. Amelia was getting picked up by Kai... talking of the devil we walked passed each other and shared a fist bump and a look. From that they know I'm ready to show Carina the house today.

-

After dropping Carina's friends off, I drive on to our house. Once we hit our drive, Carina finally notices where we are.

"Bambina, why are we here?" Carina says while looking at me.

"Well Babe, I've got quite a surprise. I wanted to wait to show you, but I can't so uh-follow me please" I say while helping her get out of the car.

After opening the front door, I hear a loud gasp from Carina. Turning to her, I just see her mouth open wide as she takes in what I've done in the hallway. It's not a lot but apparently to drunk Carina it's as amazing as the moon landing.