Have I Got It?

Maya POV

After a long conversation with Carina about our future I decided that I'd take the job. We talked about having children and how it would be safer for our family if I took a step back. I'd have fewer hours and more benefits; I don't really have any complaints. Yes, I won't see as many fires but the ones I do need to attend will give me a firegasm which will last until the next fire, level 5 baby! So, that same night I reached out to the chief and well today I have an interview type thing with him.

-

After quite a long conversation with the chief he straight out told me I had the job and would be starting in a month and the captain who'd replace me would start straight away.

After quite a long conversation with the chief about expectations and procedures, he told me I had the job and would be starting in a month. The rest of the conversation with the chief was discussing who I think should replace me at 19. Sure enough, I chose Andy and gave all reasons which didn't involve her dad. With the chief leaving and Andy being chosen, I sent her to my office to share the news. Let's just say there were a lot of tears as we talked about our future, we're both happy. With the meeting done, I decided to make my way to the hospital since Carina had a 24-hour shift. Before seeing Carina, I decided to go and see Ezra since he's leaving the hospital in 2 days.

-

Walking into the hospital I ran into Andrea; it turns out I've officially passed his 'good enough' test and get to call him by his Italian name, I'm pretty proud. So yeah with a small conversation about the new house and fires, I think he's more interested in the fires since he'll never get the opportunity to do what I've done. It's always nice talking to him, he's starting to be a brother figure to me.

"Hey Ezra.. oh hey, I thought you were working!" I say in shock as I see Carina on her phone in the corner. She stands up and pecks my lips. "I was working but I got told someone is now the fire chief, so I thought I'd meet you here and well I ran into Bailey, and I have the rest of the week off. Apparently she thinks your promotion and the new house means it's time for an adult fun marathon if you get what I mean" She says... remind me that I need to thank Bailey.

"God my day keeps getting better and better!" I say while wrapping my arms around her waist and keeping her close. As I go into kiss her we hear two throats clearing... oh yeah we're in public in front a child. Wait, who's the other one?

"Guys, as much as seeing this would fulfil my fantasies, can you at least wait until you're not in front of a kid." Ah Amelia, of course she would be here. "I don't know if you guys forgot but I'm here with Kai to teach this little guy some stuff about the brain. Now, as I said if you want an audience sign me up" Amelia goes on to say causing a small laugh from Ezra.

Seeing Kai in the corridor, I decide to talk to them for a minute. "I showed her the house, we're officially moving in. Thanks dude for helping me out these past few weeks. I don't know how I'll be able to repay you!" I say earning a smile from Kai. "You know what, I've been seeing football golf everywhere and they've got a double date discount thing this weekend. Maybe us four could go and you could pay? Oh, and you know my favourite whiskey, just get me a bottle and we're even" And that ladies and gents is why I like Kai, they don't need a lot to feel appreciated! "Thanks again, I-uh got a job offer this morning so I have the month off so if you want, we can plan some things. Anyway, I'm going to steal my girlfriend away from Amelia's grasp and take her home" I say in quite a cheery tone, earning a nod.

"Babe, we're gonna go. Thanks again Amelia and Kai for doing this. I'll get you some beer and uh maybe Carina and I can record a sex tape for you Amelia" I joke earning a very hard slap from Carina and a death stare, now I'm terrified. "Ow that hurt babe! Before she kills me in front of you guys, I think we're gonna go. Ezra I hope you enjoy the lesson, maybe we can meet up soon and we can discuss it?" I say before pulling carina by her waist out of the room.