forty-one

' I've got you '

I was watching the news when the headline "Footballer Neymar Accused of Rape" I furrowed my eyebrows at the TV. "Neymar!" I scream, "Huh?" he comes running down the stairs, "What is this?" I question, "I can explain it all, I swear it's not true." he panics calming my nerves. "This woman that I had consensual interactions is now slandering my name in the news. This was before I met you, I didn't cheat on you, or anything like that. This happened a while ago and she's now putting this out there," he explains.

I stare in awe, who the fuck was saying this about my man. He sits down next to me and grabs my hand, "Say something," he whispers. "I will always stand by you, I believe you." I half smile at him. He embraces me tightly and kisses my cheek.

I did exactly what I said, I stood by him the whole case. I didn't care what the press had to say, I trusted Neymar. I know his character, he would never do this thing to anyone. That was when the video leaked.

I saw the video and felt sick, I knew this was before Neymar and I started dating but I was still sick. "Amor, what's wrong-" he cuts himself off. "You saw the video," he nods. "Yeah," I trail off. He just stares at me, "Neymar, I believe you. Trust me, I do. It's hard for me to avoid things like this, it's in the press. I am bound to see it." I inform him, "I know but I wish you didn't have to," he sighs. "I will try my best to avoid it all, I promise," I kiss him.

After a long, tiring couple of months, the case was dropped for insufficient evidence. Meaning Neymar was innocent, but he ended up suing the woman for extortion, fraud, and slanderous denunciation. Again I stood by him through the whole case that Neymar ended up winning due to many other people stepping in and exposing the woman for her setup.

After a long day in court and the guilty verdict coming out for the woman, Neymar and I finally went home. He was untying his tie in our walk-in closet, I took my outfit off my outfit and got into pajamas, Neymar doing the same. I settle into bed, and Neymar laid his head on my chest. I hear a quiet cry, I look down and see tears streaming down Neymar's face. "I got you, baby, I got you," I coo while I hold onto him a bit tighter. "I am so glad this is over with, I'm so glad we can just live our lives now." he continues to cry. I kiss his head, "You and me against the world," I assure him as I play with his curls calming him down.

__________________

a/n: this was a request, it was so hard watching this part of his documentary... keep sending your requests in!