Chapter 31 -

Everyone has those at least one of those moments in life where they think - what the fuck am I going to  do now? And, even though I'd had many minor versions myself, I had come across one of the biggest I could possibly think of. It was one of those situations in life I'd had across my 'don't let this happen' list,  and here I was, nineteen years old, dealing with possibly the biggest crisis ever.  I was pregnant.

And the worst part was, I didn't know who the father was.

Now, before things get out of hand, I've only ever had sex with two people, I know who they are, I'm close with them both, and I even live with them. But that's the thing. How the hell was I supposed to tell them this when one of them was my boyfriend and the other was his best friend? I sound like a true slut.

I don't want to go back down the road of what happened there, that's the past, we were all over that now. I didn't want to bring it back up ever again, but it appeared like I didn't have a choice. The condom had broke, I didn't know whose it was, end of.

But it wasn't end of. Danny and Ben were going to be shocked. And I was pretty sure Danny was going to be upset, while Ben would probably just say fuck a few times. And as I did feel incredibly slutty, dirty, dissapointed in myself and so on, I also knew there was no point crying around, moping and complaining about it. I was in an adult situation, I had to be an adult about it.

Sat in the back room of the tour bus, I was managing to keep myself calm. What if it was Ben's? Would Danny end it with me? Would what happened between me and Ben? Would I even be able to keep it? Or even cope?

Selfish thoughts.

I grabbed my phone, and began to shake slightly, I took deep breathes, hoping it would help. They couldn't see me like this. I texted both Danny and Ben, saying I needed to talk to them both urgently and to come back to the bus as they had gone out with another band to get drunk. It was probably not the best idea to tell them now, I knew they wouldn't be drunk as they'd only left half an hour ago, but still.

That was another point, I'd been drinking ridiculously all month. How would've the baby survived?

After about twenty minutes of patiently waiting, I heard the door of the bus open and voices. I was worried,  I wanted to tell them in private, not with everyone else knowing. It turned out to be just them, thank god, they had worried looks on their faces, I wasn't surprised, I could barely look at either one of them in the eye.

'I need to tell you something' I began, although my nerves were getting the best of me.

Danny frowned, I think he'd already kind of suspected what I was going to say, he leant over, holding my hand gently in his. I looked away, holding back the lump in my throat, how could I do this? 

'Jas, what's wrong? You're scaring me a bit' he said softly.

It was as if there was something inside me, trying to stop the words coming from my mouth. I knew they had to know, but I just kept thinking of how much they were going to hate me. A bunch of negative thoughts were drowning my mind. I needed to push them away.

'I'm pregnant' I said quickly, 'and I don't know whose it is' 

Danny just dropped my hand, his face completely frozen in shock. While Ben just stared at me, frowning. The lump turned into tears and I just sat there, looking away from them, I'd really fucked up this time.