15. Emotional Attack

After a few hours, Jennie and I began talking as if we were best friends. She talked about really interesting stuff like, how to steal someone's heart. She talked about a lot of things, and at one point, I almost fell asleep.

"So, do you support my decision?" Jennie asked, while smiling.

"Hmm?" I looked at her.

"Do you support my decision?" She asked again.

'What is she talking about? Oh, she was talking about being an actress'

I took a glance, and she looks like an actress already.

"Yeah," my voice was almost inaudible, but Jennie managed to hear.

She squealed, jumped and danced. She hugged me so tight that I probably couldn't breathe for a second.

"Thank you. You are the best! I love you so much!" She said, then skipped, leaving me alone.

I stood up from the couch, which I was currently sitting on, and went to the kitchen. I saw a bunch of dishes in the sink. I rolled up my sleeve, grabbed some rubber gloves, and began washing.

Mr. Jeon entered the room and sat on the dining table, while reading a newspaper. I don't know how it happened, but my eyes spotted my biological mom wearing a bracelet which I made for her.

She mouthed a 'It will be okay' before disappearing into thin air.

"What are you looking at?" Mr. Jeon said with his deep, rough voice, trying to look at what I was staring at.

"Nothing. I thought I saw something," I replied, my voice almost like a whisper.

"I don't hate you, Y/n. I know you are a nice, young lady, and you can change Jungkook. I know I'm going to like you," he said, while smiling.

After a short moment of absolutely nothing, his smile drops.

"Y/n. Does Jungkook or anyone hit you?" Mr. Jeon began.

My hands became clammy. The memory of Jungkook hitting me came back to me. Obviously, the thought terrified me. And most of the time, I sleep on the ground or couch, because I'm too scared to sleep with Jungkook.

"No. Nobody hurt me," I answered.

"I can see a scar on your foot. As if someone hit it. Are you sure?" I nodded really quickly.

"Okay," he said, and went back to reading the newspaper.

I began thinking about my biological parents. Tears began threatening to come out. Soon, I found it hard to breathe. Each second, it got more difficult and noticeable.

Namjoon entered the room and grabbed a can of soda from the fridge. His eyes found me really close towards a dark corner.

He walked towards me and turned me around. I was not aware that someone was there, so I mistook him as a criminal. I screamed so loud, that I could have probably lost my voice.

Tears were streaming down my face. My heart felt like it was breaking through my rib cages. I felt lightheaded. My vision was blurry.

I saw someone's figure enter the room, but I couldn't tell who it was. I knew it was probably Aunty- I mean mom or Jungkook. They ran towards me and carried me, and I could see who it was.

Jeon Jungkook.

I saw worry written all over his face. And the moment, he started saying something to me, I couldn't hear a thing, as if I was deaf. I didn't know if this this was a dream or reality. I didn't know if I died or still alive.

My eyelids felt heavy, and the lasting I saw was Jungkook's face. Then everything became pitch black.