Delta Emerald Arc Chapter 4 - It Took Mawile to Find You!

My fingertips are bittered and numb, my breath becoming shorter with each passing second and my vision drifting with the sway of the barrage of snow echoing down.
I'm not sure how long I've been out in the wilderness. I'm not sure how I was going to get back. It was becoming a challenge to even take a single step, my will crumbling apart freezing with the tide.

I had made the foolish mistake of sneaking out again, I refused to be accepted by the Survey Corps. I needed to prove myself. Cradling a single crummy made Pokeball I had ventured out for the perfect partner. A strong and noble friend, then and only then could I be accepted into the Galaxy Team's ranks. I hadn't told anyone. If anything happened...

No one would know.

Stumbling head first into the thick haze I was losing more feeling by the second and with the blizzard roaring through there was little chance of finding anything out here. I couldn't feel my hands, face, really just about any part of my body. The white blanket was all that I could see for miles. Part of me was regretting not sneaking out to the Cobalt Coastlands right about now.

I wasn't sure how long I could keep going...

That was until something flashed across my line of sight, only for a brief moment, a contrast from the constant white, a streak of blue. To be totally honest I had no idea what it was, it could have been the blizzard, my mind playing tricks on me. But something deep down told me otherwise. I knew, just knew. It was a Pokemon.

With newfound strength, I crawled to my feet the footprints left behind fading away never to be seen again as I made haste for the clue. I was no longer able to take full steps shovelling through the bombardment of snow piling up. I was going nowhere fast and with my vision obstructed it made for one hell of a combo.

Taking one heavy step my heart dropped, there was nothing to stand on. I had fallen off a small cliffside. With no warning ahead I plummeted to the ground, the snow bracing most of my fall but it didn't stop it. Crashing to the ground I let out a whimper as I twisted my ankle attempting to save myself.

Snow piled on me, my tears freezing up, everything felt futile. 

All of this was for nothing and now...

Now I don't even want to think about it.

I lay at my waist side ready to give in to the cold when I heard the faint rumble of snow. Something was approaching me. Weakly glancing up I saw it again, the blue streak coming closer into view.

Trembling losing more feeling to my lips I was taken back to find the source of my troubles. A lone Zorua. One who looked just as lost. Just as hurt. Just as scared. One unlike the others wasn't red. I felt my eyelids becoming heavy as I reached out whispering. "Everything is going to be alright Zorua..."

****

I can't for the life of me understand why I'm thinking back to that memory now of all times. It was so long ago, that I almost forgot how it ended. I should have died that day. I might be here instead.

The echoed screams of people fleeing were all that plagued my ears. I kept blacking out only to return to smoke and fire burning Dewford to the ground. Someone was dragging me away. I couldn't tell who as the Shadow Raquaza blew up the local gym and symbol of hope for many people.

My heart was racing, fear brewing as I saw into the Shadow Pokemon's very soul. The mindless rage and torment would haunt me forever. 

I blacked out again not far from the town. Commision was brewing as I heard Iono and Zinnia shouting. Slowly coming too I saw a large group of Team Phoenix grunts surrounding us. My head was still spinning as I tried standing helping them battle. I knew Zinnia and Iono were strong trainers, Hell they probably didn't need my help, but I couldn't stand by and let them fight alone.