Sun and Moon Arc Chapter 10 - Fight or Flight

"You'll never join the Survey Corp if you don't keep up, hurry."

Ducking under a set of rocks I hurried to my feet tripping and losing my bearing. Hitting my head I whimpered in pain the warm trickle of blood dripping down my face. Wincing I held the wound looking down deflated. "I'm useless, aren't I Dad?"

Walking over he kneeled to my level checking my head and shaking his head with a heavy sigh. "It seems just to be a graze, you'll be alright. Come on, we haven't got far to go."

Taking his hand Dad pulled me up looking beyond the opening we had dug through. Inspecting the area he had his Pokeball tight to by his side. "Remember what I told you Y/N?"

"If any wild Pokemon attack I'm to run back to the village... I know, I know. But what's the point of coming out here if I'm just to run?"

"Not every battle can be won with the raw power of your Pokemon. There is no shame in running if you live to fight another day, it's that fight that makes us who we are. If you want to be a member of the Survey Corp that is something you need to live by." Dad lectured throwing his Pokeball in the air as Samurott burst out. "Samurott, I'm going to take a closer look at our anomaly, stay here and keep Y/N safe, do you understand?"

Samurott looked at me giving us both a firm nod. Deflated by this I sat on a rock dabbing my head with my sleeve. "Don't worry about me, I'll just sit here and do nothing."

"I won't be long."

Watching Dad climb up into a small cavern I began blowing air resting my chin against my hands. "This really blows... I can hold my own right Samurott? You think I'll be a great Pokemon Wielder too?"

Samurott returned a loud reassuring response making me chuckle. "I'm glad that makes one of us. The old man shouldn't be the only one hogging all the fun. Take a look ourselves?"

Samurott didn't hesitate to pick me up and put me on his back. Holding on tight we leapt from ledge to ledge making it to the open cavern. Sliding off the Pokemon I was left taken back, the cave we had just come into was barren, large and void of just about anything. This was different. It was like I was in a different place entirely. The cave was radiating a blue hue with large crystals wedged in across the floor, walls and ceiling. Shards of these crystals were floating in the air, each moving to the touch.

"I've never seen anything like this... To think a place like this was hiding in plain sight." I whisper approaching one of the crystals I peered in seeing the translucent sight showing mine and Samurott's reflection. "Amazing."

Samurott got my attention aiming his blade further into the cave. Stepping back I looked further seeing the shining crystals growing in size and might. Drawing me in I began to approach Samurott keeping to my side in case anything happened. This whole time though something didn't feel right.

"You would have thought we might have run into a Pokemon by now? A cave this side should be swarming with them." I echo glancing behind me feeling like something was watching. "Yet there's nothing here."

Making it into the open of the cave I was daunted by a massive crystalised tree towering over the entire area. My eyes widened just taking in the scene, I had never seen anything like this. Stepping back it took me for a moment to even realise Dad was behind me. "O-Oh, Dad, sorry. I know I should have stayed behind but I just ha- Dad?"

He wasn't responding staring blankly at something. 

My gaze matched as I paused.

A beat.

"Y/N, call this in. The Pokemon League needs to know what we've found. Lacey and the Gym trainers will know what to do."

My Rotom Phone floated by my ear as I couldn't find the words to describe what I was seeing. Was it a Pokemon? I couldn't say.