Scarlet Arc Chapter 5 - You're Such a Tinkaton!

Students were racing past me, heading off into town and beyond, baffling me. While I was joining, I wasn't exactly sure what was happening or what to do.

Nemona ran past, tugging me along. "Come on, Y/N, we're wasting daylight here!"

Jogging next to her, I waved my hand, shouting. "Like, where are we going?"

"Weren't you paying attention? This is the treasure hunt; we hold it every year where students go out into the depths of Paldea and find their treasure, what it depends on the person. For some, it could be completing their Pokédex. For others, it might be shining hunting. For me, it was becoming a Champion trainer."

"My treasure? I suppose going home?"

"Ahh! Come on, man, use your imagination; that is a goal, but seriously. You're not going anywhere anytime soon. Are you going to waste a chance to see the world years in the future? Think of the adventures you could witness and Pokémon you could capture. Trainers you battle that includes mostly me, by the way."

"I guess exploring this region wouldn't be a bad time waster... But, of course, sitting in my dorm would be less productive."

"There you go, you get it. I'm heading out to create a brand new team. If you want my advice, the closest gym is not far from here. I know you said you weren't interested in battling, but you'd smash out each gym, no problem! Give it some thought, yeah?" Nemona begged, running off, leaving me stopping in my tracks with more answers than questions.

"What's a gym?"

"The student council president got you living her dream, huh?" I turn around and see Arven, arms crossed, annoyed. "What else has she been stringing you along with?"

"I beg your pardon? Do you have something against Nemona?"

"Nothing of the kind. But that girl is too fixated on battling; she's so hands-on when it comes to that no one dares battle her these days. So you pop up with potential, and now she wants the whole cake."

"Really? But Nemona saved me and said she'd help me get back home in the past."

"The past?"

"Yeah, the Sinnoh region 300 years ago," I say without thinking much of an issue sharing that.

Arven continues to stare, shaking his head distort. "It may be already too late. She's brainwashed you; listen, while I won't dictate what your treasure should be. However, I wouldn't mind the help taking down the Titan Pokémon."

"Titan Pokémon? You mean like an Alpha Pokémon?"

"Whatever you want to call it, they're the key to the Herba Mysticas. They'll help my M- I mean, I'll make the best sandwich you could taste if you help." He replies, holding his Rotom phone out. "I'll send you the locations."

"Oh... About that, I threw my phone in the bin, and some creepy voice was stalking me. I have a map of the region if that helps?"

"Of course you did..." He sighs, drawing the locations. "There, thank you in advance!"

Left alone again, I stared at my map, smacking it and nodding. "I guess I'll head into the next town; maybe we'll find a new Pokémon to catch. How does that sound, Mimi?"

Zorua wasn't arguing, following me onto our new adventure.

****

Wandering from the gate, I peered at the map as Zorua jumped on my head, taking a peep. "South Provence area two? If we keep heading this way and follow the road, we'll make it to the closest town. Cortondo, I think that's how you say it. Hey, there's one of those gym thingies there too. I guess we can check it out and see what all the fuss is."