Sun and Moon Arc Chapter 5 - Proving My Innocence

With her time away Zinnia had found her investigation landing in the heart of Konikoni City, she hadn't intended on arriving here but she was following a potential clue, one Zinnia hoped to crack the case once and for all. Strolling through the bustling streets her eyes were glued to the number of pop-up market stalls arranged with all sorts of goodies for any would-be trainers. Her eyes were caught on the berries as she approached the stand taking a look.

"Does anything take your liking young lady? I'm more than happy to provide a discount on bulk purchases." The elderly woman said with a warm smile.

Zinnia kept looking flipping out her police badge nodding along. "Agent Lorekeeper, I was hoping to ask you a few questions."

The woman's smile dampened ever so slightly as she crossed her arms. "If this is about the late tax return, I already told your supervisor the money is on the way."

Zinnia looked up with a wide smile pressing her hands together. "Worry not about that mam, I'm here just for a few questions regarding the Ultra Wormholes."

"Oh." She returns with a scoff glancing at the sky. "Those whatyoumightcallit have been a real pain to my business. They pop up every few days, sometimes multiple times a day, and scare the hairs off all my clients. I blame the Pokemon League they are involved in taking away tourism so their new league can get all the attention."

"Right, what an imagination, can I ask, does anything come out of those wormholes? People, Pokemon?"

"Ha, like something like that happens. No, no, no. It just appears and vanishes after a few seconds. The damn thing can't stay open long enough for anyone to come through. If that's all, I have a business to return to."

"Ayi, ayi, thank you for your time," Zinnia says with a quick salute strolling off and writing down the information. "Wormholes that open for a few seconds? Strange, it almost seems like something is trying to get through but fails each time... Or something trying to leave?" Pausing to herself again she flipped through her notes as her eyes locked onto a sight she wasn't expecting.

"Y/N?"

****

Squatting down I was taking a good long look at the fossils on display scratching my head over the matter. "And these are ancient Pokemon long extinct and you just have the fossils for sale? You're not pulling my leg here are you?"

The door to the shop jingled as I glanced over my shoulder and saw someone walking in. Paying them no mind, I went back trying my best to choose until I heard my name.

"Y/N? I didn't know you arrived in Konikoni City?"

Turning around I was caught off guard leaning forward trying to do the Alola greeting. "Alola Agent Lorekeeper, what do I owe the pleasure?"

Smirking along she nodded. "Right, right, sticking to our codenames, I ge-e-e-t it! So Agent Hisui how goes the investigation?" 

"Sorry, a big fat zero, nothing, diddly squat. Sounds about right though doesn't it? I assume you made some progress?" I sigh leaning against the counter and flipping a leaf stone between my fingers. "How much for this?"

"I was following a lead on an abnormal number of wormholes sighted in this area, I don't have much to go on but I think someone is forcing them open here."

"That's $3000 for the stone sir."

"Oh, that's it, wow, these things cost an arm and a leg where I come from... I'll pass for now thanks though," I reply before clicking my fingers. "You know what, you saying that has jogged my memory, I do have a lead."

"You have a lead?"

Laughing along I nodded rubbing my face. "You saying that now just flipped a switch, I have a lead, potentially a secret hideout for our suspect. I've already checked it out but of course, if Agent Lorekeeper is here now, who knows what you'll find?"