Z-A Arc Chapter 5 - Round Two

Most of Luimose City was now under lockdown with the explosions and sudden appearance of Team Flare; Anastasia, however, had managed to slip away undetected to the outskirts of the city, sitting outside a cafe. Placing down her prize, the canister of Zygarde cells, she sipped a piping hot cup of tea.

She paused, that feeling hitting her again-the feeling of absolutely nothing. She couldn't taste the finest details, the texture and taste. She didn't even realise her mouth was burnt to pieces, not that it would matter; the burns only healed just as quickly as they were inflicted. Holding the cup, she crushed it in her hands, the glass shattering tea and blood trickling down her arm into nothing.

"How much longer must we suffer? How much longer, Lysandre?" She whispered, taking out a torn handkerchief and wiping her hands. "What I would take to feel something."

"Perhaps I can help with that?"

Anastasia jumped up, clutching the canister Master Ball in hand. "Who said that? Tch. Don't tell me that Brat already found me..."

"So you, too, have had the privilege of meeting my old friend?" The voice responded. Anastasia quickly turned again, finding the streets empty. "He foiled my plans; he'll do the same to you."

Anastasia paused, sighing; turning back again, she found the source of the voice sitting in her seat. "Who are you?"

"I was once like you, powerful, mighty, undefeatable. But Y/N, oh, that Y/N. He ruined everything when I was so close. Since then, I've changed markets thanks to a powerful investor." They said, leaning forward. "My name is Zephyr, former World Architect of Team Phoenix."

"Never heard of you."

"I wouldn't expect such primitive dirt like you to. Team Flare, what an absolute joke of a concept. You were all too disgusted at the ugliness in this world, and you were quite willing to blow it up. Now tell me, how does that resolve any issue? All of that for a hefty down payment to get in. No wonder you all lost to a mere child."

"Funny, from the sounds of it, you, too, were taken down by a mere child."

Zephyr kicked his feet up, wagging his finger. "Oh, no. No, no, no, no. You are very clearly mistaken; Y/N never beat me. I miscalculated. I was too focused on the wrong logic. Shadow Pokemon, I wasn't looking at the bigger picture."

"And what's that?" Anastasia asked, playing devil's advocate.

"Pokemon Fusion."

Anastasia put her Master Ball back, turning away. "I have no interest in your petty science experiment."

"No. But you wish to resolve that curse, no?" Zephyr taunted, getting Anastasia's full attention. "That Ultimate Weapon I've heard so much about, you witnessed it first hand, it made you immortal. You're invulnerable to all threats, physical or magical. What if I could promise you a way to undo that gift?"

"You know how?"

"My new investors have their ways." He chuckled. "Giovanni is most interested in a weapon to make him invincible, to rule over all reality forever; it is his foretay. I help you; you help me. How does that sound?"

Anastasia, now listening, crossed her arms, nodding. "And what do you want in return?"

"Two things, both simple enough. I want the secrets on Mega Evolution; they very well might be the key to Pokemon Fusion."

"And the second thing?"

"Revenge. Revenge against the child who wronged me. I want your help in killing the trainer who goes by Y/N."

****

It hadn't taken long to return to the Professor's lab after Emma had allowed us access. Everyone was on the ground floor as the fires were still being put out. Sycamore turned to us with a delighted look. "Oh, there you are. Thank Arceus. How are you alright?"