imagine : jungwon [yandere edition] pt.1

What is a Yandere?
Someone who is clingy and jealous to their most pathological extremes, leading to criminal acts such as stalking, kidnapping, maiming, or murder (of you and/or their perceived rivals for your love).
(definition off of urban dictionary)

IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THESE TOPICS MENTIONED ABOVE, PLEASE SKIP!!

• • •

plot: you and jungwon used to date. your relationship was absolutely perfect to everyone else but after a while you fell out of love with jungwon. so when you broke off the relationship, jungwon was absolutely devastated. he couldn't get over you, even after months had passed. but when he found out you moved on and began dating someone else, he became crazy.

• • •

everything in jungwon's life was perfect. he was doing good in school, had amazing family and friends by his side and most importantly he had you. you meant the world to jungwon! he would do anything just to make sure you're happy. he loved you so much and you did too.

jungwon was happy with his life. he was happy that he can finally call you his. you two had started dating a year ago and everything was perfect about your relationship. you both loved each other dearly and you spent lots of time with one another. jungwon would always surprise you with flowers and your favorite snacks and you would always send him a cute message, reminding him how much you love and appreciate him.

everything was going so perfect! until it wasn't. during the first few months of a relationship, many people say that's your honeymoon phase. a phase where the couple is all lovey dovey and is happy with each other. for the first six months of your guys' relationship you both were head over heels for each other. you both shared so many laughs and made many happy memories together. everything was absolutely perfect in those six months.

but as time continued on, something felt off for you. you don't know why or how it started but you slowly began losing interest in the relationship. yeah you still told him you loved him and sent messages to him about how much you loved him but it just didn't feel the same as it used to. the messages started becoming shorter and the "i love you's" weren't being said as much on your behalf.

you knew that what was happening was you slowly falling out of love with jungwon. it scared you how fast your love started decreasing for jungwon and you felt so bad for him. you knew he deserved so much better than you, and although you tried to continue the relationship and try your best to fall in love with him again, nothing was happening.

after about a year a 3 months in your guys' relationship, you finally decided to end the relationship. you couldn't handle being with someone you didn't love anymore and you couldn't bare to lie to jungwon whenever you told him you loved him.

when jungwon got the message from you that you wanted to talk, he was scared. you weren't ever this serious with him so why all of a sudden? a break up did pop up in jungwon's mind but he quickly got rid of the thought. why would you guys break up when you were so in love? that was the thought that kept jungwon from believing you weren't going to break up. but all that hope came crashing down when jungwon finally met up with you. 5 words. those 5 words that changed everything.

"i'm breaking up with you", you said while looking into jungwon's eyes. his eyes widened when he heard those 5 words. he felt his heart drop, not knowing how to process what you just said.

"i want to make this quick because i can't bare to lie to you anymore. jungwon, i fell out of love with you months ago. i don't love you anymore and i just want to say i'm so sorry. i didn't mean for any of this to happen but..it just did. i can't bring myself to continue this relationship and lie to you so i'm breaking it off before it gets worse. i'm so sorry jungwon", you said while tears were slowly forming. you weren't so hurt about breaking off the relationship but more hurt on telling jungwon how you haven't loved him for months.

you never liked lying to him so the fact that you lied to him for months about loving him made you feel so guilty. you knew you were a jerk for doing that and you just needed to break things off before it's too late.

"what...", the boy finally said after not speaking the entire time. he finally looked up at you and that's when you saw tears running down his face. you hated whenever you saw him cry, and the fact that he's crying because of you made you feel even worse.

"i don't..love you anymore jungwon", you said to him. he stood there in silence not knowing what to say or what to do. you didn't love him? how? why? jungwon was in so much pain. both physically and emotionally. he's never felt this much pain before. everything was going so perfect in jungwon's life but now it was all crumbling down.

after you two broke up, jungwon felt sad. he couldn't bring himself to do anything. he felt unmotivated to go to school and do schoolwork. he couldn't bring himself to contact his family and friends. all he could do was sleep, eat, cry and repeat. your guys' break up took a big toll on jungwon. he was absolutely devastated knowing that you weren't his anymore.

jungwon tried so hard to move on but nothing was working. he couldn't bring himself to delete all the photos of you on his phone or get rid of the things you got him. he tried, he really did but nothing was working. after almost a month of your guys' breakup, jungwon began attending school again. for a while month he couldn't bring himself to go to school, knowing that he would have to see you there which would break his heart even more.

months and months passed and everything was slowly getting back to normal. although jungwon was still trying to move on from you, he was still doing good in school and fixed his relationship with his friends that he accidentally ignored for a whole month. it finally felt like this were getting better for jungwon. he was slowly moving on in life and his friends were always cheering him up. things were becoming great until one day.

the day when jungwon saw you at school hand in hand with another person. after all the progress he's made from moving on, you'd think he wouldn't care about you as much as before but the second he saw you smiling and holding hands with someone else, he completely lost it.

to be continued...

• • •

this is part one of my jungwon imagine!! i asked you guys a few days ago who in enhypen would fit best with being a crazy ex and to my surprise, a lot of people said jungwon. so with all that information, here is a new jungwon imagine!! i originally wanted this to be one part but i wanted to add some background to the story before i got to the main part of the imagine so stay tuned for the second part!!

also i'm literally so upset rn (which is the reason why i finished writing this to get my mind off of things but now i need to express my sadness). i was going to update my jungwon book but when i went to start writing a new chapter the book was literally gone. like...gone! idk where tf it went or how it got deleted but it's literally gone. i'm so upset because i was so excited to write the book and now it's gone :( i literally don't know what to do like- should i even attempt to write it again or just give up on the book? cause now that it's gone i don't even want to attempt to write it again :( or should i just focus on this book? idk, please help cause i'm literally so upset rn

word count: 1406 words
written: 01/17/22, 01/22/23
edited: 02/04/23