Where Is Fire There Is Smoke

You did your best to stop yourself from smiling ' Ace is here! ACE IS HERE!' you thought excitedly and tensed up a bit when the Marine turned back to you " You should probably return home. Would you...would you like me to escort you there?" asked Smoker and you shook your head giving him a smile " I wouldn't want to bother you. Don't worry, I know how to look after myself." you reassured him and the man nodded " Thank you, for the help and the drink." you said getting up and offering your hand for him to shake. Smoker gave a look at your bandaged hand before softly taking it and shaking it as lightly as possible " Here to help. Please take care." said the man and with that you parted ways.

Using your Observation Haki you run around the streets of Alabasta looking for Ace, completely forgetting who you were looking for at the start, you turned to a corner and you couldn't help but smile seeing the familiar tattoo " AAAAACCCEEE!" you called since the man was too far for you to reach. The black haired male froze and after hesitating for a few seconds he turned around, his eyes widen as the bag he was holding fell from his grip and dropped to the sandy ground " Hey th-" in the blink of an eye the boy jumped on you, wrapping his arms around you and holding you painfully tight as you lost your balance and fell back. You were about to tell him that he was crushing you but you heard him sniffle, so you just wrapped your arms around him and melted into the hug, pulling away he whipped his tears snot before pulling you up " Hey." you greeted smiling up at him " Hey." he greeted back.

He pulled you into another hug " You can't imagine how much I've missed you." he said " I should be the one saying that." you replied, Ace just looked at you " I'm so glad that you're ok." he said " Seems like I was worried for nothing." he chuckled and for some reason that phrase ticked you off " Worried for nothing?" you asked him frowning " Yea, since you're fine and nothing happen-" you delivered a hard punch to his stomach " FOR NOTHING! NOTHING HAPPENED!?" you yelled tears gathering in your eyes as everything that had happened the past couple of months finally settled in " YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED! THE SHIT THAT I WENT THREW AND PUT UP WITH AS I WAITED FOR AN OPORTUNITY TO ESCAPE OR FOR YOU TO COME FOR ME! I WAITED AND WAITED and....and you never came." you sobbed as Ace looked at you stunned " None ever came." you cried covering your face and that was when the boy noticed that the hand that you had used to hit him was bleeding.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to sound careless." he said taking your wrist " Let's go somewhere to catch up." he said but you shook your head and tried to pull yourself away " No! I don't want to right now! I can't! ! Let go of me!" you protested trying to pull yourself away " Please don't act like this! I apologized! Your hand is bleeding! Just calm down!" he argued back but you were too angry, not actually with him but with everything that had happened so far, during your struggle the bandages in one of your arms ripped. Silence fell between the two of you as small drops of blood fell to the sand dying it a muddy red. The second part of your small ' fight' was seen by a blue haired female who had recognized you from sitting with her higher up just a few minutes ago, knowing that she did not stand a chance against the pirate she shawled her pride and run to alert her higher up.

Ace stared at your arm, a few flames popping out of his body duo to his anger but he quickly put them out " Who did this?" he asked voice trembling as he reached in his bag for another set of bandages " Was it King?" he asked and you simply shook your head " Donflamingo?" he asked as he carefully wrapped the clean bandages around your arm, you shook your head again " These are my fault." you said making him look up to you " They happened on my last escape attempt. I had a pair of exploding cuffs put on me, if I left a certain distance they would go off." you said and sighed " I'm sorry for reacting like that earlier. Things kept happening one after the other and all of that just settled in to my brain, all at once, it was a bit too much for me." you said and Ace shook his head " I have to apologize, seeing you I immidiatly relaxed and it made me sound careless, I'm just glad that you're here with me." he said taking both of your hands and softly brushing his thumbs over the bandages " Let's go." you said " Huh? Where?" asked the male confused as his mind had been racing " Anywhere." you replied.

The two of you ended up sitting at a small restaurant and you told him a bit of what had happened to you, trying to leave out the heavy torture, " What about the crew? Did everyone get healed after the island?" you asked and he nodded " I'm glad to hear it. I was extremely worried, especially about Thatch." you said with a small smile happy to hear that your crewmates were ok, Ace stopped stuffing his mouth with food after you mentioned the cook. He suddenly fell face first in his plate, the fork that he was holding still on his grip, with a sigh you tried to wake him up but he wouldn't budge. A crowd started gathering around you and the onlookers converse on how he had eat a Strawberry Spider and suddenly died " No no. He's fine, it's just a thing he does." you tried to calm them down " AAAAHHH HE CAME BACK TO LIFE!" yelled the patrons as Ace shot up " See, I told you he was fine." you said. A young woman approached him " Are you alright?" she asked concerned, Ace looked at her dazed before grabbing her skirt and using it as a napkin for his face " THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?" you yelled smacking his head as the woman screamed and run away.

As he chewed the food still in his mouth he put his hat back on " Damn. I fell asleep." he sighed and went back to eating  " YOU FELL ASLEEP!?" yelled the people in shock " IN A MIDDLE OF A MEAL AND A CONVERTATION!?" yelled someone in the crowd " AND HE WENT RIGHT BACK AT CHEWING!" yelled another one " Huh? What are you guys getting all worked up about?" asked Ace not understanding the crowd's surprise " You. They are getting worked up over you and your antics ." you said pulling his cheeks and sighed " Let's just go, we have gained too much attention. Last thing we want is a Marine showing up." you said.

" I guess you have no problem eating in full public." said a voice from behind you " Why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut?" you groaned running your hands over your face " Now what does the commander of White Beard's second division want in this country? Well Portgas D Ace?" asked Smoker sending the people in the in a panic " I'm just in search for my little brother." said the black haired male. A heavy silence fell in the bar " So....What should I do?" asked Ace directing the question to you but never breaking eye contact with the Marine " Firstly let go of the hostage and then sit tight and let me arrest you." said Smoker throwing you a glance and a small nod " Hostage?" mumbled Ace confused " I think he means me." you whispered and you shook your head when he smirked " Ace no." you said but the idea to play along with that was stuck on his head. You were pulled against his side, his hand resting dangerously low on your waist " Rejected. No can do." said your crewmate with a smirk.

Smoker took out his weapon " I'm looking for another pirate and I'm not really interested in you." said the Marine " Then let me go." replied Ace resting his head on your chest " I can't do that. Since I'm a Marine and you're a pirate." said the white haired male getting ready to fight " What a dumb reason, chill out man." said Ace with a smirk ' Why are the things that I want to avoid keep happening?' you thought in despair. Your eyes widen as Smoker was thrown in your direction with incredible speed and power, the collision sent all three of you flying threw the wall of the restaurant to several others, before you were flung away you got a glimpse of a strawhat wearing boy which led to you letting out a frustrated series of curses.