4

Your P.O.V
While I was walking back to the others, I heard Jaden laughing. I was confused of what Jaden was laughing at. I noticed Jesse and Hassleberry trying to help Syrus. I ran up to them, and they smiled.

"Y/n! You're back! We might need your help." Jesse says.

"Would somebody help me?! It's breaking!!" Syrus shouted. The rope snapped, but before Syrus fell to his death, I grabbed the rope, Jesse grabbed me, and Hassleberry grabbed Jesse.

"Don't worry, Syrus. I got you." I say with a smile.

"Hey, sergeant! Private Truesdale is an ok!" Hassleberry shouted to Jaden. I sighed in relief.

"Sweetness! I knew you could do it. Thanks, guys!" Jaden replies.

"Yeah. Now I can duel without the background noise." Axel says with an insult. I growled and tried to pull Syrus up.

"Wait a sec. Those guys are my friends! Anyway, why don't we move on. I've got a duel to win!" Jaden says.

"Yeah! You get him, Jaden. Show him not to mess with us!" I say and with a smirk.

"Easy Y/n. You still have to get Syrus up here." Jesse says.

"Sorry, Syrus. Now let's see..." I say and had an idea. "Hey, Hassleberry?! Swing us so we can get Syrus to a high ground!"

"You sure?!" He asked. I growled, and he whimpered. "Will do ma'am."

Hassleberry swang us, and we got Syrus onto the cliff. He groaned in pain, and I sighed.

"Alright. Pull us up." I say. Hassleberry pulled Jesse up while he pulled me up. I went next to Syrus and untied Syrus.

"Look, guys, it's over." Jesse says.

"Not quite." I say.

"Axel. It's been fun, but you're toast thanks to Element Mirage." Jaden says.

"I was right." I heard Axel mumble.

"Now I can bring back an Elemental hero, and if it has more attack points than your fire token, you're out of luck." Jaden says while summoning Elemental hero, wild heart.

"Why don't you show him what you got, wild heart!" Jaden says. His monster attacked, and Axel's life points went down to 0, which was a good thing. I stood up and helped Syrus up, too.

"My mission is completed." Axel says, but his bracelet glowed yellow, and he knelt down in pain. "What have you done, Viper?..." Axel says.

But then Jaden passed out. Falling to the ground. I ran up to him and knelt down.

"Jaden! You alright? Speek to me!" I say while shaking him.

"Jaden! Say something Syrus says. They ran up to us and we were very worried.

"Get up, Sarge!" Hassleberry says.

"We have to get him to the nurse. Now." I say and picked Jaden up. Jesse placed him on his back, and I glanced at Axel. We ran off to the nurse with a passed out Jaden. When we got there, I grabbed the nurse while Jesse placed Jaden on the bed.

"So what exactly happened out there?" She asked, sitting in a chair next to the bed.

"He was dueling, then he just plumb collapsed." Jesse explains.

"That's impossible. I just looked at his stats. No one falls into a state of complete unconsciousness just from duelling." She says.

"Well, things did get pretty intense." Hassleberry says.

"Yes, but still. It just doesn't add up he must have a pre-existing condition." The nurse says.

"Or maybe it's the bracelets everyone was given by that new professor. I think he's behind all this." I say.