chapter six

Your body naturally woke up. It was still twilight hour. Your favorite time, being neither totally dark or completely lit. Your sister wasn't in the marui, your brother was still asleep. He'd wake up soon though, just like the rest of your family.

There were times where your parents were awake way before you and your siblings. To take on their tasks around the village as the Tsahìk and Olo'eykta of their clan.

You raised yourself up from your sleeping spot, your head dropping down as you held yourself up with your arms. Your eyes fluttered open, still adjusting to being awake.

You stuck your head out of the marui. You scanned around, only a few clan members were out.

You began to walk out, taking the trail to the sandy area of the village, the waves were still calm, slow and gentle.

"Y/N!" You heard your sisters voice, your head turning to the direction it came from. She was waist deep in the water, her arm held up so you'd notice her.

She motioned for you to come, you smiled, you were still a bit sleepy, your eyes sort of droopy as you sniffled walking into the water.

You rubbed your eye, waving at her as she began to pour water over your head. "You must feel the water, feel around you sister," She spoke. You quietly whined, pushing her hand away. "Mm..Not now. I am still waking up,"

She giggled, you were always a little grumpy in the mornings. Some more than others.

"Y/N,"

"Yes, sister?" You replied, dropping your hands into the water.

She swam around you, you continued to stand still, relaxing.
"Do you think they are doing okay?"

"Do you worry for them, sister?" Your eyes were now a bit more 'awake.'

"Or do you worry for Lo'ak?" You had to throw that in. Tsireya shook her head, you two laughing together. "I don't worry, I wonder how they slept, how they feel after yesterday." She explained, you rolled your eyes. Tsireya splashed you with water. "It is true!"

You put your arms up, blocking as much water as you can. You splashed her back, you two would go further into the water. It was right below your shoulders.

"You and Neteyam are becoming good friends?"

You looked right into her eyes for a moment, then you rolled them. "They are all becoming my friends."

,,

The sun was rising now, you and Tsireya watched it together on the rock you sat at yesterday. Your legs hung over the edge. Tsireyas did the same but they were crossed. Her arms propped up behind her for support. Your hands rested on your sides. It was something you will never forget. The twilight hour and the comforting presence of your sister.

"Today, we will work on breathing exercises. I will take Neteyam and Tuk, Tsireya will work with Lo'ak and Kiri." You and your sister stood at the entrance of the the families home. You wore a smile, your hands behind your back. "Are you ready?" Tsireya spoke up, she motioned for the four to follow. You bowed slightly to the parents, dismissing yourself and followed behind everyone.

Neteyam slowed down his pace, up until he met up with you.

"Hi." He greeted you, you returning it. "Good morning."

"Did you sleep well, Neteyam?"

"Well enough,"

"Mm."