028

"I have done nothing." You spoke quietly, a ball forming in your throat as the truth wanted to come out.

Ronal said nothing, her eyes fierce she was determined to get the truth out of you.
You looked to your feet again, pressing your toes into the ground. You were embarrassed, and in a way, you wanted to leave. You had never been in trouble this badly, especially on your own. Usually, it was with your brother and sister, or one of them.

Tonowari placed a hand gently in front of Ronal, indicating to calm down and that he'd take over.
She took a step back, turning her back on you as she tried to calm herself down. It wouldn't have been good for her baby anyways.

"Daughter." He spoke, your ears flicking to the sound of his voice.

"You must tell us, tell us what you did so far away from here."
He was much less aggressive with his words, but his concern and anger were at the same level. Of course, they would be, with almost losing a daughter and the war that destroyed many villages, they were bound to feel upset that you had suddenly left without a trace.

Still looking at the ground, you turned your head slightly to look out of your marui.

"I can't get through your heads. I have told you many times not to leave. To stay put and stay together." Jake spoke directly to his children, which were sat down in their marui. Their heads lowered.

"I expect this from your brother, but you?" He held a finger to Neteyam's face, who lifted his head to look at him.
"You take her out to who the hell knows where, and then you return the next day? What the hell were you thinking?" Jake continued, Neytiri stood at his side, she was somewhat upset but she was mostly worried about his safety and where he had gone.

"I thought I told you to stick together. Right now especially, I just can't get any of you to listen."

"They didn't do anything, dad. I left on my own. None of them knew," Neteyam boldly spoke up, once again defending his siblings before defending himself.

Jake was somewhat stumped, not necessarily expecting to be talked back to. "On your own? What you think you're old enough to give yourself permission?"

Neteyam didn't dare protest, he looked to his mother, who shook her head slightly.

"No sir," Neteyam replied, looking away and to the ground.

Neytiri stepped forward, positioning herself between Jake and Neteyam. With a wave of her hand, she motioned for Jake to step back. She gently pressed her palms against Neteyam's cheeks, looking at him with a soft, concerned expression. His siblings lifted their heads to watch.

"We were worried," Neytiri said, her voice gentle and soothing.

Jake let out an exasperated sigh and raised a hand to rub his forehead.

The biggest question right now was why you two had gone out after barely healing. What was going through your heads at the time?

Neteyam apologized directly to his mother, Tuk shot up from her seat and wrapped her arms around his torso. "We missed you too!"
Neteyam looked at his younger sister, she lifted some of the tension at least.
By this point, the rest of his siblings decided to get up and surround Neteyam.