chapter twenty-seven

an., unedited / under revision

      Oddly enough, it had seemed as if Neteyam was somewhat worried about you and Spider interacting, not that he wanted you to dislike each other, but it felt off.
He also was more concerned on the fact that you decided you didn't need your crutch.

Still hooked onto his arm, he walked with you, his tail swayed lowly on the ground. You watched your steps carefully, changing the topic from earlier—kind of.

"He is nice but he looks strange."

Neteyam waited a few seconds before answering, whatever worries he had before left as he smiled at your comment.
"We look strange to each other," He replied, pressing his arm onto his side to pull you closer.

You nod your head, still looking down while taking another step. It had only been your first day without using that weird object.

"How strange am I to you?" you asked quietly.

Neteyam looked at you, even though you weren't looking directly back at him. "I don't think you are strange," He responded—

"You are very pretty."

You were constantly caught off guard whenever Neteyam made a flirtatious remark, despite his generally mature demeanor. Lifting your head slowly, you gazed at him with a look of surprise, your ears pinned back.
Neteyam's cheeky smirk showed that he knew the effect he had on you just as much as you did.

"You are a tease, Neteyam.." You whispered to him, squinting your eyes and waving your finger at him. Neteyam's smirk now grew into a smile, he let out a soft laugh which made you feel even more flustered than before. "So I am strange to you, Y/N?"

You huffed, rolling your eyes at him, your ears twitched again.

"No, you are not strange to me." Your arm that was hooked around his arm tightening. "I want to heal quickly, so I can go with you again."

Neteyam looked to his feet, he frowned subtly. "But I am right here, I already promised I would take you with me," He reassured you.

Your tail flicked around, your dimples prominently displayed as you smiled warmly to his soothing voice.
You hummed in response, straightening up again as you reached your village.
The two of you turning to face each other right at the dock.

"And I want to see the tall trees in your home."

"I'll take you there too, when we go home. Don't you remember?" Neteyam's eyes looked directly onto yours, you could never forget his ínstense amber eyes, they reflected off his dark blue skin, which created such a beautiful contrast.
Aside from this, you suddenly felt your chest heavy and cold, it had just hit you that at some point they'd be able to go back home, and that would mean you would be separated. Even if he did take you to see his home, you'd have to come back to your own at some point.

Neteyam noticed your sudden solemn expression, he questioned you but you just dismissed it and gave him a small smile.
"I am just tired."

"Come then, I will take you back." He responded, he wasn't completely convinced but he was good at hiding it.

You had your cast removed already, the dream walker— Norm had come back and checked on you. He was told you had already been walking without your crutch.
Your leg seemed to have healed rather quickly, of course with the help of foreign 'remedies' as well as your mothers. She was Tsahìk after all.
It shocked Norm a little, but he insisted to himself that it was just that the Na'vi tend to heal faster than humans. Still, with this good news you were told to wait off going into the water, he informed you that any sudden movements could cause pain still. As your leg is probably sensitive as of right now. Which made you feel disappointed, and add another thing to think about when you sulked about Neteyam's and his family going home.