chapter four

Without any given permission, Neteyam left his Marui. He felt he should look around more since for the most part, he was being guided everywhere.

He was always one to tell Lo'ak not to do anything out of bounds. Listen and you won't get in trouble. Neteyam was hypocritical in saying this. Since he now was leaving on his own terms, he'd given himself permission.

Slight guilt aside, he walked along the elastic bridge, the water below presenting wonders of colorful lights, creatures that glowed and showed off their intricate patterns.

He wandered far from his new home. Reaching the sand, and in some parts, his feet were steeped below the water. It was colder than earlier, a lot colder. He turned around, taking in the build of the village.

Bouncy bridges that hovered over the water, branching out into different Marui's. The torches that helped light up the village. Though, it wasn't really necessary since the light was provided to them, just below the water.

He walked back, still a bit far off from his home. His head tilted slightly at the water again, a gentle smile on his lips while he admired it once again.

And just as he is, you come into view. A bag in your hand clutched tightly. Your body twirling around and moving at a calm pace. You collected each shell you remembered, you even had some new additions.

You must've not seen them before, this is why it was so important to look again. You could get your hands on stunning items, all for you and your family to take and use in respective ways.

Neteyam kneeled down, leaning in to watch closely. His hands gripped the edge of the bridge, he was careful not to fall in. Considering the bridge wasn't the most stable.

He observed the way you swam, and how your body moved in correlation to the movement of the water. Your anatomy was different than his, he wasn't made for the water. Your arms and legs fin-like, your tail moved side to side to help you move along, as well as your body.

He stayed like that for a few minutes, he did want to get in. He wanted to go to you and offer help if you needed any. The water was just so cold. And he couldn't make it that far down on his own and he'd possibly need to resurface right away if he did make it that far down.

You began to resurface, he leaned back. Your head reached the top, you pulled the bag up, then back down and looked inside to make sure you had gathered all your new, belongings.

After confirming that you did, you swam off, further off to the sand instead of the bridges. You came out of the water swiftly, it came naturally to you.

You sat on a large rock, the end hovered right over the shallow part of the water. Your legs swinging while you sewed together the smaller shells and rocks with seaweed and light-colored plants you plucked from the sea floor.

The light provided by Polyphemus.

You were careful with your movements, you were also quiet. You would huff lightly occasionally. And of course, the overlapping waves of the sea provide you just the right amount of noise to relax to.

Your ears fluttered, you heard something. Or someone.

Your head turned to your left, you watched a distinctive figure walk closer to the side of the rock. Next to where you sat up above.

Neteyam's feet stood into the cold sea, he waved at you, both you and him having your bioluminescence freckles light up with your very own unique pattern. 

"Hello Neteyam." You nodded.

"I can go up?" He asked, his tail swaying slowly from side to side, not letting itself hit the water.