chapter seven

"Hey! Y/N!" Ao'nung yelled from afar, he and his friends following him as they walked over to you, Neteyam, and Tuk who was still in the water.

You and Neteyam mutually disconnected your hands, you being much faster than him while he kept hovering it over your knee for a few seconds before letting it drop to his side.

You turn yourself over, waving your hand at Ao'nung.

He furrowed a brow, looking at his friends and laughing quietly with them.

"Are they tired already? They can't handle their own training?" He waved his finger between Tuk and Neteyam. Tuk wasn't even there to witness what he was saying about them, and you were glad she wasn't.

"We are taking a break. They have been exercising for hours." Your tone was stern. You sounded annoyed, you loved your brother but his rudeness towards your guests was unacceptable.

"All they're doing is learning to maintain their breathing? I don't see how that could be so hard." He was so obviously showing off to his friends, they laughed behind him.

"They can't even do something as simple as that, but they can swing around through trees all day!" One spoke, your brother encouraging it.

Neteyam turned his head back to the water, to his sister who wasn't aware that she was being ridiculed. She looked at him, he smiled, motioning for her to continue playing in the water. He didn't want her to come back just to get made fun of, again.

"Babies learn faster."

"If it is so bothersome to you, why don't you come and help me and Tsireya? Why are you off with your friends?"

You hit his leg, setting him back. "You aren't helping. So you have no reason to judge their learning." You hissed.

His friends shook their head at you, some even broke into even more laughter while pointing at Ao'nung, watching as he was being told off by his own sister.

You didn't even hit his leg that hard.

He scoffed at you, waving his arm at you.

"Go bother Tsireya, I'm not willing to share my time with you right now." You swiped your hand at him as he turned his back on you.

You felt bad for putting your sister on the spot, but you also knew that he was probably going to do that anyway. Maybe she would also send him away, he wasn't helping so why should he be there?

You felt bad for him sometimes, he was pressured to meet your parents high expectations. His reckless behavior was just him masking it. Still, it is not anyone else's fault, he shouldn't take it out on them regardless.

In a way, you were offended. He said it like they weren't learning anything at all. You knew he wasn't trying to say anything to you specifically, but you're their guide, their teacher.

You turned to Neteyam, who was picking at the ground while he watched his little sister play.

You weren't too sure what comforted him, you didn't know him long enough.

You simply placed your hand on his shoulder, rubbing it gently.

"Don't pity yourself Neteyam,"

"I'm not."

"Okay. He will warm up to you eventually, to all of you," You explained. "He is trying to show off. He is trying to be bigger than everyone,"