chapter fifteen

"Can you stay out late tonight?"

"Stay out late?" You whispered back, crossing your arms as you continued to walk with him. His hand every so slightly moving up and down, rubbing your hip.

"How late?"

The question was sudden.

"Not that late, it won't be for long," Neteyam straightened himself up, but continued to look down at you, his hand came to a stop waiting for your answer.

"Hm." You kept looking straight ahead, lowering your eyes to the ground. Wondering how you would even manage to leave your home and come back later than usual. What your excuse would be. You'd still have dinner after lunch, but then the day would be coming to an end. Meaning your parents would want you and your siblings in. You'd have to be prepared. "Okay. I will try."

"What for?" You questioned, which wouldn't really matter because even if he didn't have any reason for it, you'd still go. And besides, it would give you a chance to hand him his gift. Which was special, like Neytiri questioned.

"I just want to be around you," He quietly spoke, since you two weren't too far behind everyone else. "You and me, for a little."

"Is that it?"

"Would you want more?" Neteyam bat's his eyes at you, you shrugged, looking away since it was around that time where you hated that he was taller. Despite his gentle smile, his tone was mischievous.
"I don't care." You looked to the water that barely made it over the sand.

"Right." He replied, whistling quietly. You elbowed him playfully, the two of you hiding your laughter as he tried to tickle your side after grabbing his own.

Suddenly, Tsireya decided to turn around and talk to you, making everyone else do the same. Neteyam quickly moved his hand away from your hip, you stood straight moving away from him while your arms dropped to your sides.
Every time you had an awkward experience like this one, it had to be with one of your siblings.

Tsireya snickered, her hand covering her mouth. You rolled your eyes walking closer to her, leaving Neteyam behind. Your stomach was full of fluttering butterflies. It almost felt like they were trying to escape.

You hoped Tsireya was the only one who had witnessed that; but judging how the others were teasing Neteyam, she probably wasn't.

In any case, you'd rather be teased by your own sister than three others.

You put your hands behind your back again, the same way they were when you had arrived. "Shut up."

"I haven't even said anything..!"
She whispered-yelled, her hand over her mouth.
"Yes. But I know you want to say something."You grumbled, she nudged your arm, giving you that same warm smile that she always had on her face.

"Mawey..Y/N, mawey."
("Calm..Y/N, calm.")

You couldn't help yourself, breaking into a small smile, while she clung onto your arm, the two of you were now the ones in front. Muffling out the voices of the others, Tsireya spoke to you—quietly. Your conversation was nothing big, just between you and her. Sister to sister.
Occasionally you two would laugh together, probably from teasing your brother.

Neteyam wasn't the only one who missed you, Tsireya did too. Before the Sully's arrived, you and Tsireya had spent almost all day together. Now that they were here, you two shared your time with them for some hours of the day— to all of it.
You trusted her; with everything in you.

For some reason, you didn't want to tell her about your plans with Neteyam later though. You weren't sure why you felt so embarrassed to talk about him with her, she would always mention Lo'ak to you. Small conversations about him before she got too embarrassed to continue. You'd even be the one to tease her about it.
Tsireya would always tell you that it was okay to talk about him. That she wouldn't judge you for liking someone outside of your clan, that she too liked Lo'ak.