37.

I think I talk too much so I'm on a talking diet frl. slide me 40 comments tho. 😉

janet jackson - fit ⤴

That sentence was scary. The last time Toni said that, she broke into tears right afterward, crying about her aunt. But I didn't think she'd do that this time. She just seemed very annoyed and upset about it. She came back into the bathroom and moved me out the way calmly. Which was a good sign I guess. She got in the shower without saying another word and I just followed after her.

When I got in she was running her face through the water and sighing. Yeah, she's definitely stressed, she's getting her hair wet; it's not even wash day. Unlike what we had planned, our shower was quick and quiet. As soon as we got out, Toni was packing a bag. I was still confused on what was going on so I didn't say anything yet.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked cautiously. I heard her take a deep breath before looking over at me. "My pops." She said.

"He's sick, final stages of cancer." I was trying to see where she was at mentally by the tone of her voice, but she'd put her walls back up. It seems like this happens every few months with her family.

"Wha-"

"Shocker right. But I have to go like right now. You can come but I know you were supposed to go back to school in the next week so you don't have to." At this point she was just calmly rambling and packing her bag again. I do remember her mom bringing up his sickness when her aunt had gotten sick; we didn't believe them then.

"No, I'll go with you and then leave from there." There was no way I was leaving her alone. she looked at me sceptically for a while before sighing and nodding.

"Janet, you really don't have to. I know how much you hate planes." She explained, I waved her off and started packing my stuff. A majority was already put away since I was leaving in like a week and some change.

"Only when I'm alone, I'll be perfectly fine with you. I could probably take the train back to school, Maryland is closer anyway." I shrugged, adding more stuff to my suitcase.

"Fine, but we have to hurry."

The plane ride was pretty silent, I fell asleep for a majority of the flight. It was only around two hours though. When we landed and went through baggage claim, Toni still hadn't said anything. She just held my hand and guided me through the airport and to the car.

I have no clue how she was able to book a flight, a rental car, and a hotel, all in the span of half an hour but she did.

I keep forgetting she's a multimillionaire, I think it's because she doesn't act like one. And it's kind of unbelievable.

Getting left that much money in such a short amount of time is the type of stuff that happens in childish fanfictions. Ones about Michael Jackson or something like, "Being Traci Braxton's daughter." (Iykyk💀) never in real life.

Anyway, I tried to get Toni to talk to me while riding to the room but she didn't really respond. When we got there, we had to wait in the lobby for a while since the booking was such late notice. At first it wasn't too much of an issue since they said it'd only be fifteen minutes.

Then fifteen turned into forty five and Toni started to get irritated. Just when she stood up to go cuss the receptionist out, the lady walked over and asked to take our bags to the room.

Usually we'd say no, but since we've been sitting here for so long, hell yeah they can take our bags.

As soon as the lady left the room, Toni stepped out of her clothes and went into the bathroom without a word. I was a little confused but realized she'd probably be taking a shower or something.

I was going to join her but decided I'd put our things away. I knew she was stressed and wouldn't want to do it later. By the time I was done, thirty minutes had gone by and I noticed I didn't hear water running.

Going into the bathroom, I saw Toni just sitting in the bath. Her eyes were closed and her knees were to her chest. I had an internal debate on weather I should bother her or not; I was.

I sat on the edge of the bath, "Babe,"

Toni's eyebrow twitched and she hummed as a response.

"You okay, my love?" I asked, my hand was making waves in the water. They were clean.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just preparing for later on." She told me.

"You're going over there today?" I didn't expect her to wanna see them so soon. Last time it took her almost a week to go see her aunt.

"Yeah, I want this to be over with; no point in waiting, it's only three in the afternoon." She shrugged. I nodded.

"Okay, but how to you feel?"

"I feel, annoyed. Slightly confused, and angry." She admitted. Her eyes opened and I noticed how glossy they were.

"Baby.." I whispered, letting her know that I knew. Toni wiped her eyes and reached for my hand.

"Get in with me," she said, trying to pull me. I chuckled a little and pulled away from her.

"Let me get undressed first," I said through my laughs, making her laugh too.

"If you must." Her sarcasm popped.

As soon as my body submerged into the water I was being pulling into her lap. My arms took their place around her neck and Toni held me by my sides. She kissed my lips a few times before wiping her eyes again.

"Thank you for coming with me."

"You don't have to thank me." I say and kiss her forehead. Toni gave me a smile and started to kiss my neck. I rolled my eyes and pulled her closer. She's always doing something.

"T." I prompted.

"Hm?"

"Can we talk?" She paused her actions and looked at me. I knew she wanted to have sex, it was her way of coping but I wanted to make sure she was alright first.

"About?"

"How you're feeling."

"I'm not really in the mood for that." She sighs, her lips going back to my neck and making their way down.

"Promise me something then," I negotiate. I hear her groan but ignore it while grabbing her face. I guide her eyes to mine.

"Anything." My eyes can get anything out of her.

"You'll call Dr. Spagnoli before we go to your parents house." I can tell she doesn't want to agree but she does anyway.

"Fine," Toni complied, a kiss following her words.

I real life love y'all bc I just rewrote this whole shit on the bus. Motion sickness and all. 😔

How ya beeennnn??? Ya misted me? 😁